Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My Respironics hard carry case has finally arrived. Here's a quick review
My Respironics hard carry case has finally arrived. Here's a quick review
If you are a frequent Air traveler like me, you would know what a drag it is to carry your PAP gear with you (pun intended), especially if you don't have the time to waste on checking your luggage in and you don't have the luxury of keeping a small travel size PAP on the go.
In my case I must carry my gear with me because as far as I know there's no ASV type travel machine available yet.
Aside from the size of a home machine, the carry cases that come standard with either Resmed or Dreamstation machines, are too soft to stand the rigors of Air travel and hopping in and out of airport TSA lines and as a result there's always a chance that your beloved machine can sustain damage while getting manhandled by over-eager Airport and TSA personnel , treating it with an utmost sense of abuse.
So I was looking for a better, more sturdy case to carry one of my machines for travel and didn't have any luck finding an OEM hard Carry case for my Resmed machine, however I can across one for my Dreamstation.

The case is aesthetically pleasing to look at and it is also compact and light .  
At around $100 US it is also reasonably priced, given that it comes with a 65w Respironics OEM charger which itself costs around $70 US if you were to buy one separately.

The only issue I have with this case is that it is only designed for the machine and accessories and has no room for the balky Humidifier. The workaround being that you can pack the humidifier in your luggage, as the humidifier does not need to be taken out for inspection at TSA. It is only the machine itself needs to be removed while you go through security.
Oh well, with only a less than $100 investment, you won't find me complaining.

Do you travel a lot?
How have you solved your CPAP issue?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: My Respironics hard carry case has finally arrived. Here's a quick review
Nice find!

It's ridiculous it doesn't hold the humidifier. 

I use a DS at home, but travel with a ResMed Airsense because of it's better travel case and smaller footprint.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, it really does suck that the humidifier can't be housed in this case. and Yes, I too used to carry my Resmed with me just because of its smaller overall size, until I found that my sleep quality is much better with the Dreamstation. The machine itself is surprisingly small, however the tank is bigger than the machine by quite a large margin too:-)
Anyway, this new case solves a lot of my problems carrying the DS. Now I have to figure out how to best pack the darn humidifier:-)
Post Reply Post Reply
One more detail:
The 65W OEM charger that is included with the case is only large enough for running the CPAP machine without the Humidifier (why it is somewhat smaller in size than one that comes with a machine with humidifier).
So if you need to travel and want to pack the humidifier in your luggage, make sure you take the original power supply, not the one that comes with the case, or you may get stuck running your machine with a humidifier attached.
Post Reply Post Reply
Didn't realize the case included a power supply. It seems like they could drop $20 off the price without that. I wonder why they are including that? It would not take much to design the case to accommodate the 85 watt supply.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh I don't know about $20. BestBuy sells generic Chinese made no-name  65w PSIs for around $45 and if you want a 95w it can go up as much as $75. This entire case with an OEM charger is only $85. And you are tight, I wonder why they even bothered to include a power supply. O would have happily paid $85 for the case alone and when I ordered it I certainly had no idea that it would include a power supply.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Finally had a PSG instead of a PG and the result shocked me mugen4u 47 3,038 03-25-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,067 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Airsense 11 warranty case labrat 3 188 03-21-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
Question OSCAR Privacy and quick upload Fix? EasySleep 3 104 03-18-2024, 09:34 PM
Last Post: EasySleep
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 165 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Please help with treatment review DaveL 862 53,025 03-04-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 231 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.