Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My SD card from my DreamStation2 has nothing on it
My SD card from my DreamStation2 has nothing on it
I received a replacement DreamStation2 for my old, recalled DS.  I inserted my DreamStation SD card after a few nights of use into my mac computer with Oscar 1.4.0.  All it showed was info from my old DS, but nothing from My DS2.  I formatted the SD card put it back in the DS2 for a night and it is still not recording any info from the DS2, the SD card appears to be blank.  What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.
Old Steve
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: My SD card from my DreamStation2 has nothing on it
What did you format the SD card as?  It should be FAT32

Double check the "write protect" switch is in the correct position.

The SD card may  have gone bad.  Try a different one.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I got a new SD card, set it at Fat32.  I'll see if I have data tomorrow A.M.  I let you know the results...

Thanks for your help!

Old Steve
Post Reply Post Reply
    Jeff 8356

It appears that the SD card is now working, see bottom left of screen shot...

Although, the daily view, overview and stats buttons are not working.
Post Reply Post Reply
What happens when you click CPAP Importer (the SD card icon)?

Did you happen to create a new profile?  The greyed out "Daily Overview Statistics" tabs usually indicate that no data has been imported into the profile yet.

Can you verify that there is actually data on the SD card.  Insert the SD card into your Mac and use Finder to see if the data is there.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The importer seems to be working OK the download line goes across as if it is loading.

I deleted old profile and after finishing my new one it went to the welcome screen, the daily overview statistics button was still greyed out.

I can not confirm that there is data on the card, I have used the new card for just one night, all my mac disc utility shows is 4MB used.  I do not know how to actually open the card to see what if anything is there...

If there is no data on my new SD card what would cause that?

Thanks for all your help.

Steve
Post Reply Post Reply
To check if there is data on the SD card try one of the following:
  • Insert the SD card into your Mac
  • Open Finder and look in the left pane under "Locations", you should see the name of your SD card
  • Click on the name and the contents of the card should appear in the right pane.
Or this method:
  • Insert the SD card in to your Mac
  • On your Desktop an Icon should appear that looks like and SD card and should show the SD card name
  • Double click the icon and a Finder window will open showing the contents of the card.

For the SD cards, are they both 32GB or less?

As far as what else might cause the issue....
Since this is your second SD card, and your positive the write protect switch is "off" when you insert it into your DS2, then it might possibly be a problem with the SD card socket in the DS2 itself.
I'm not a DS2 user, but I think that you should see a little LED light flash somewhere next to the SD card socket when the SD card is inserted properly into your CPAP.  Keep an eye out for that next time you insert the card into your CPAP machine.
Jeff8356

How to Links:
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Jeff 8356,

Opened the finder, there was nothing about locations,  I did determine, from going through preferences etc. that external discs was checked, but I could not find the SD card anywhere.

There was no SD card icon on my desktop after inserting the SD card either.

So far the only place I can find either one of my SD cards is with the mac disc utility.

Old card is 2GB, new card is 4GB

The write protect switch is in the up position, the lock is the down position.

I do not see any LED flashing on my DS2 after inserting either SD card. 

When I first loaded OSCAR I put my old 2GB card in from my old DreamStation into my mac, it worked great, I could see all my old CPAP info in OSCAR.  After putting the old SD card in my new DS2 CPAP overnight, OSCAR still pulled up the old info, but nothing from the DS2 CPAP.    I then formatted the old SD card  (thinking this might be the problem) and after another night in the DS2 I tried it again, now there was nothing coming up with OSCAR.  I got the new SD card and obviously I still have the same problem. 

To be honest with you, I purchased this mac in 2013 and I have never used the SD card slot on it before, never had the need.  So I really don't know why I can't find the SD card anywhere, except on the mac disc utility...perhaps my mac is just old. 

I am starting to think that the problem lies with my new replacement DS2 CPAP... 

I also have a ten month old ResMed AirSense 10 that I purchased due to the Philips recall, unfortunately, it is now at ResMed for repair. They say that it should be back in 5-6 weeks.  Perhaps I should just wait and see if OSCAR works on the ResMed assuming they get it fixed.

If you think that this may be a DreamStation 2 problem let me know, I am sure you have better things to do then spend all your time answering my stupid questions.

Thanks.

Steve
Post Reply Post Reply
The fact that the SD card is not appearing anywhere but Disk Utility is curious.  It's making me wonder if something went wrong when the SD card was formatted, or if something suddenly went wrong with the card reader in your Mac.  So lets rule out SD card issues before we blame your CPAP machine.

Lets try this:
  • Remove the SD card from your Mac
  • Reboot
  • Insert the SD card
  • Open Finder and press Shift+Command+G and copy/paste the following
Code:
/Volumes

That will open a Finder window which should show the SD card name (and possibly a couple of other locations from your Mac).  From there you should be able to click through the folders on the SD card.

If that still doesn't work then it may be a problem with the formatting of the SD card, or a problem with the SD card reader built into your Mac.
Do you happen to have an external USB card reader handy?
Jeff8356

How to Links:
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Jeff,

I opened the Finder, pressed shift+ command +g and a SD card came up on the screen.  (I didn't see anything I could do to paste /volumes after shift+command+G as the card just came up)

I did this with both cards and both SD cards came up.   After doing this once on each card, for what ever reason now both SD cards come up after that by just opening the Finder alone, no shift + command + g is required.

They are the correct SD cards as they had the card names I put on them. Double clicked the card and a screen came up and I see the name of my card under location & imac.  Clicked on the card name and it does nothing, except if I click on a little up arrow next to the card name it removes the SD card from the screen.

Any ideas?

Steve
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar cannot read SD card and SD card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 1 643 08-21-2023, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Oscar cannot read card - card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 3 552 08-21-2023, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Phillips DreamStation2 Not Supported ela1301 6 1,278 12-17-2021, 04:12 PM
Last Post: Bob2701
Angry EncoreBasic SD card problem [non-PR card?] medinamike 5 2,332 10-08-2017, 12:04 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Sleepyhead imports from card instead of specified floder if a card is present DariaVader 5 2,572 03-18-2016, 05:40 PM
Last Post: DariaVader

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.