Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My SD card from my DreamStation2 has nothing on it
RE: My SD card from my DreamStation2 has nothing on it
Try copying a small file to one (or both) of the SD cards just to verify the card(s) can be written to.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Jeff,

I typed a line of text and saved it to the old SD card, not real sure how I did it, but it did save and I was able to pull it up.

Steve 
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, if you can write to the SD card with your Mac then is seems to be working properly.

I would say to try that same SD card in your CPAP again tonight and see if it writes data.

If it doesn't, then there may be an issue with the SD card socket in your DS2 and would require a repair/replacement by your DME.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Smile 
Jeff 8356,

I had the card in last night and again there was nothing on it except the line of text I put on the card yesterday. 

So that seems to confirm that I have a CPAP SD card reader problem.  Unfortunately, I can't get this DS2 fixed until I get my ResMed CPAP back from ResMed as it is also being repaired.  I have been using CPAPS since 1999 (old constant pressure rigs) and up until the Philips recall I can't recall any major problems with any of my CPAP machines.  Now it seems they all are having problems...

Anyway, thanks so much for all your help, it is really appreciated.  

I'll be back in touch with you after my ResMed comes back from repair, I'm sure I will need some help getting OSCAR to work on it too[Image: smile.gif]

Thanks again and have a great day.

Steve
Post Reply Post Reply
If you insert the SD card into your DS2 while the display is on, you should see a brief message appear when it’s accessing the card, about 20-30 seconds after insertion.

I would have guessed the SD card was too big, but I think 4GB is fine. And the 2GB card exhibits the same behavior?
Post Reply Post Reply
There is a message.

It says.   "There was a problem reading the SD card, please remove and re-insert" or something of that nature...

I'll be taking my new DS2 to my CPAP people in my town to see if they can confirm that there is a problem with the DS2 DS card reader.  If so, back it goes to Philips Sad
Post Reply Post Reply
If you haven't given up up altogether yet, just some things I might try. Not a Mac user, but do have a DS2.
Perhaps cycling the CPAP power may clear something that got hung up.

From the users guide..........
"Performance check
To initiate a performance check, unplug the device and plug it back in. An error will appear on the screen if a performance issue is detected."

Perform another FAT32 format on the SD card to ensure it is clean of any files you may have written to it.
Power the DS2 off and let it set a about 2-3 minutes. While the power is off insert the formatted SD card.
After the 2-3 minutes power the DS2 back on and watch for any error messages.

There is also a 'device reset' in the Provider/clinicians menu that may or may not help. Make note of your settings before doing this.
"How do I perform a device reset?
Enter the Provider Mode and navigate to the Device tab. There will be an Orange button labeled “Device Reset.” Tap this to initiate and follow the instructions. This will clear all patient data and reset settings to factory defaults."
Post Reply Post Reply
I have turned the power off and on several times...nothing.  I just formatted the card again to FAT32, cut power to the DS2, waited, inserted card and powered it up.  There were no messages until I pulled card out. It just gave me the same message when I pull the card out as it has been giving me. "there was trouble reading the SD card etc. etc.

I have given up, I have an appointment with the local CPAP folks for early September to check it out.

Thanks for all your help.

Steve
Post Reply Post Reply
Update....

A solution was found and Old Steve seems to have his SD card working again.

Sometimes the GUI disk utility for Mac (and Windows) can do unexpected things with FAT32 on an SD card. 
The solution was to use a free SD card formatting utility from the SD Association (they develop the standards for the SD card industry).  The utility can be downloaded here (Mac/Windows): https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter/

The utility will properly format the card based on its storage capacity (ie: 2GB - 32GB will be FAT32) and will be to industry standards.
Jeff8356

How to Links:
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
I am having a similar issue with the SD card from a ResMed AirSense 11 on a Mac running Monterey. The SD card will not mount on the mac. I can see it in the Disk Utility, and copy it to the desk top. I can even open it in a text editor and see the jibberish, but I can decipher enough to know there is data there. The data seems to come off the APAP as a *.dmg file... All other sd cards are readable. It does not show up when I try the shift-command-g volumes trick. When i try to open it in the Disk Utility, like Old Steve, it just kind of blinks at me, and gives me this error: [color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.85)]Could not mount “ResMed 11”. (com.apple.DiskManagement.disenter error 49153.)[/color]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar cannot read SD card and SD card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 1 644 08-21-2023, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Oscar cannot read card - card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 3 554 08-21-2023, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Phillips DreamStation2 Not Supported ela1301 6 1,280 12-17-2021, 04:12 PM
Last Post: Bob2701
Angry EncoreBasic SD card problem [non-PR card?] medinamike 5 2,334 10-08-2017, 12:04 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Sleepyhead imports from card instead of specified floder if a card is present DariaVader 5 2,574 03-18-2016, 05:40 PM
Last Post: DariaVader

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.