Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My SH CPAP Data/Results. Any Advise/tips?
Question 
My SH CPAP Data/Results. Any Advise/tips?
After following the advise given to me here and in another forum, I've managed to lower my AHI to sub-5. During those days, I felt great! Almost no sleepiness during the day! No brain fog and etc.

[Image: 12%20July%202016_zpsxdsbkvdb.png]
[Image: 13%20July%202016_zpsfsnqoogv.png]
[Image: 14%20July%202016_zpsqyzew8dl.png]
[Image: 15%20July%202016_zps5qsmhbht.png]
[Image: 21%20July%202016_zpsf1njuxqp.png]

However, for the last few days, my AHI went up again. This started last weekend when I started having bouts of/with flu and vertigo. I reckon these had an effect to my AHI. Do you guys recommend I raise my pressures or do I just wait it out till I've beaten the flu and vertigo bug? I am currently on Serc and Vitamin B-complex per my ENT for the viral vertigo (Labyrythitis) and paracetamol and mefenamic acid for flu and body pain.

[Image: 23%20July%202016_zpsmz5q4gl1.png]
[Image: 25%20July%202016_zps89e0bn2y.png]
[Image: 26%20July%202016_zpsauhxs7qq.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: My SH CPAP Data/Results. Any Advise/tips?
Personally I would let the health issues settle out and get the best sleep under these conditions possible. Colds/flu always upset sleeping/breathing.

If you are congested, some people say that CPAP has actually helped, but you don't really want to add pressure changes to what you are already dealing with. Your AHI is still in the "reasonable" area considering the situation
Post Reply Post Reply
I would raise my pressure by 0.5 to see if the pressure spikes reduced any.

Post Reply Post Reply
I also would wait for the flu bug to settle down. Also when you are taking medications, they do have a way of messing with your AHI.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
During clusters of obstructive events, you are at the maximum pressure setting, and it is not resolving your events. I would change max pressure to 12.0 to deal with these episodes. For the most part, your machine stays near the minimum pressure setting of 8.0, so I don't this this suggestion is out of line with your apparent need for additional pressure at times.

Your inhale/exhale ratio is unusual in that your inhale is about 3x exhale time. I don't know that it means anything other than it is normal for you, but it is reverse of what is normal for most of us.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 0 51 03-17-2024, 07:09 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  ASV settings and tips jcp519 32 988 03-15-2024, 06:58 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Please help me interpret my results baganaz 2 155 03-14-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: baganaz
  First Night Looking for advise wjg1 4 144 03-12-2024, 06:34 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  [CPAP] New to cpap! Just wondering if my data looks ok so far wwjkcd 1 144 03-08-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 116 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
  Need help interpeing Lofta test results. LoftaUser 0 103 03-07-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: LoftaUser

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.