Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My Sessions
My Sessions
I know it's only about 30 minutes but I have to take a break from the cpap machine for a little while.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: My Sessions
But just for one night, right? I hope you’ll mask up tonight!
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-29-2019, 10:52 PM)Dormeo Wrote: But just for one night, right?  I hope you’ll mask up tonight!

Yes
Last nights chart, fully waken around 1Am then 2am
Post Reply Post Reply
Awakening 1 you had a mask leak spike indicating tossing around followed by mouth breathing.
You had the spikes on multiple times thru the night. Can you video yourself to see if your limbs are frequently moving.

The remaining of your awakings were proceeded by RERAs which are a series of flow limitations followed by an "arrousal".

Increase your EPR to 3 to help those. If that doesn't work increase min pressure or possibly a BiLevel such as the VAuto to utilize increased pressure support.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-30-2019, 06:27 AM)bonjour Wrote: Awakening 1 you had a mask leak spike indicating tossing around followed by mouth breathing.
You had the spikes on multiple times thru the night.  Can you video yourself to see if your limbs are frequently moving.

The remaining of your awakings were proceeded by RERAs which are a series of flow limitations followed by an "arrousal".

Increase your EPR to 3 to help those.  If that doesn't work increase min pressure or possibly a BiLevel such as the VAuto to utilize increased  pressure support.

Thanks bonjour

The first session I was constantly resetting  the nasal pillows, nose was getting sore, upped the humidity level to 6 , The second session i went like a light ? and woke up like I had actually got some restful sleep, this is the only time since I started CPAP, I actually started dreaming but woke at the beginning of it.

Video I have a security camera system, I installed one camera awhile ago in my bedroom that is how I found out something wasn’t right (stopped breathing then jerk back to breathing) But, guess what the hard drive stopped working at the time I needed the most, I’m going to get another one soon.

RERA’s I was wearing my c- collar and nasal pillow mask, I have tested the c collar by seeing how much my mouth opened before air escaped and the collar seems to be holding my mouth shut pretty well.

Will increase EPR to 3 and raise pressure to 15 or 16, can’t afford another machine right now.

Thanks again 
Ron
Post Reply Post Reply
About an hour last night
Post Reply Post Reply
Playing around with settings, One Hour Sleep with the Nasal cushion mask.
I noticed in my sleep study that it said first REM period occurred of 9cmh20. increasing CPAP past 9 resulted in increased air leaks and central apneas
Post Reply Post Reply
I’m hoping you are getting more than 1 hour of sleep at night.  It’s not possible to give you advice with graphs showing 1 hr naps, not to mention the high leak rate, which makes your AHI reading unreliable.

If you are not sleeping through the night, then you need to find out why.  Is it the pressure, leaks, mask not fitting right, mouth breathing?  Something else?

Flow limitations and RERAs can cause arousals in some folk.  If you are seeing a lot of clear airway events, change the EPR to 1 or 2.   Seeing a couple clear airways all night is no big deal. We all get them from time to time.

It may be better to post a couple graphs showing the whole night.

Most important:  Determine why the leak rate is high, and concentrate on that.  All else may fall into place.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-04-2019, 11:33 AM)OpalRose Wrote: I’m hoping you are getting more than 1 hour of sleep at night.  It’s not possible to give you advice with graphs showing 1 hr naps, not to mention the high leak rate, which makes your AHI reading unreliable.

Reply:         I understand

If you are not sleeping through the night, then you need to find out why.  Is it the pressure, leaks, mask not fitting right, mouth breathing?  Something else?

Reply:         Sleep like a baby without CPAP from 10 pm to 1am awake to around 2am then sleep until 4am then I’m up for the rest of the day.
Now the leak, only thing I know is the vent, it is, a Major leak, could it be Something to do with Windows 10 and Oscar software,I don’t know.

Flow limitations and RERAs can cause arousals in some folk.  If you are seeing a lot of clear airway events, change the EPR to 1 or 2.   Seeing a couple clear airways all night is no big deal.  We all get them from time to time.

Reply:          Will try EPR 1 & 2

It may be better to post a couple graphs showing the whole night.

Most important:  Determine why the leak rate is high, and concentrate on that.  All else may fall into place.

Reply:                Full Face Mask sealed by sticking my fingers inside the mask ( while wearing) pulled the silicone out a little, later it leaked like balloon with a hole in it, seems like the pressure is raising the mask off my face enough to cause a leak In the flimsy silicone seal. 

Edited to add wore the nasal cushion mask last night and got it to seal by placing the bottom of the mask right under my bottom lip, and it was quite, I don’t know now what it was that woke me, going to start writing that stuff down when something wakes me, if I don’t, it will be like a dream I can’t remember when I wake up.

Added Reply in the post from you
Post Reply Post Reply
I know 1 hours sleep, and a leak is not enough for you guys to do a proper analysis of my charts, but, is there any good things showing in the charts?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why are most of my sleep sessions exactly 1 hr? AussieBobJ 1 302 01-03-2024, 08:50 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Equipment] O2 ring - multiple sessions during the night larrykay 1 640 07-04-2023, 12:58 AM
Last Post: larrykay
  Last Night - Two Very Different Sessions dhamments 2 553 09-03-2022, 07:40 AM
Last Post: dhamments
  Machine not showing proper hours in sleep report. Sessions show major disruption cloudberry 15 3,875 07-09-2022, 10:16 PM
Last Post: cloudberry
  How are same-day split sessions treated for compliance fredkahan 3 1,010 09-28-2020, 01:11 PM
Last Post: fredkahan
  dreamstation go -issue with time of sessions elliotg 1 795 01-23-2020, 05:53 PM
Last Post: elliotg
  Don't want to record certain sessions. Chris43156 7 1,089 11-15-2019, 01:39 PM
Last Post: sheepless

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.