Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My Story (so far)
RE: My Story (so far)
The CA’s may be reduced by turning down the Flex setting on your machine
Post Reply Post Reply
My flex setting is at 1, next step is to turn it off.  I will give that a try if you think it will help.
Post Reply Post Reply
The story continues,   I went to my first appointment in 18 months today and i will say I was pleasantly surprised. 

I had asked to be assigned to a different provider because I had clashed with the old one because of his authoritarian attitude. He was more interested in scolding me for so much as changing my ramp setting than he was in listening to my issues. It was because of him that I had decided not to return. 

I found my new provider to be a breath of fresh air. We discussed in depth the issues that have been mentioned in this thread. 

She wants to see more data than the 6 weeks that I have right now before we make any major changes. We are going to give it 6 months to see if the centrals clear up before doing anything drastic.  We did lower the upper limit from 16 to 13 because she felt that as the pressure spiked it was forcing my mouth to open causing some obstructive events to be read as a central event by the machine. 

I appreciate the advice and knowledge that I have been given on this forum so far, it is because of you guys that I was able to talk intelligently at this appointment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Great, now stay in touch and keep us informed, and if you don't mind a little opinion, post your daily charts on occasion.  

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
Will be glad to post some charts as soon as I get a new card.  I some how managed to lose the lock tab on the card I am using now, with out it the card is permanently locked and can't written be on.  I pulled my card this morning and found I had no data since Christmas Day, the last time I read the card.
Post Reply Post Reply
You need not have any concerns about the locking tab with the CPAP brand you have . This was only a problem with the Resmed S9 series and that was after Windows 7 and later versions, that started writing folder volume information files to removable drives.

Bottom line; Don't worry about it.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have recorded nothing since December 25, what I have noticed is that the locking tab is missing. This is the only reason I can think of for why it won't record.
Post Reply Post Reply
SD cards can go bad. First test the card in your PC to see if you can read and write to a file on it. You can replace the tab with a piece of adhesive tape.

Good luck.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
                    As suggested  I am posting some new charts. I am still noticing quite a bit of variation in my results as you will see in my charts. I feel I can blame the increased AHI in the last two days to a bad cold. It has been bad enough that I did not use my machine 3 days this past week. As soon as I could get half way clear nasal passages I went back on therapy. I need to find a FFM that I can tolerate for such nights. 

I am still seeing a noticeable percentage of CA events, I am eight weeks into restarting therapy, I feel these are treatment emergent,if so hopefully they will go away soon. 

I have read that heart conditions can have an effect on treatment. I do not know it this is significant or not but I do have a heart murmur, it has been judged to be innocent, meaning that it has no noticeable effect on my heart function.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-15-2019, 09:12 PM)Stemwinder Wrote: As suggested  I am posting some new charts. I am still noticing quite a bit of variation in my results as you will see in my charts. I feel I can blame the increased AHI in the last two days to a bad cold. It has been bad enough that I did not use my machine 3 days this past week. As soon as I could get half way clear nasal passages I went back on therapy. I need to find a FFM that I can tolerate for such nights. 

I am still seeing a noticeable percentage of CA events, I am eight weeks into restarting therapy, I feel these are treatment emergent,if so hopefully they will go away soon. 

I have read that heart conditions can have an effect on treatment. I do not know it this is significant or not but I do have a heart murmur, it has been judged to be innocent, meaning that it has no noticeable effect on my heart function.

Your graphs indicate some OSA and Hypopnoea which may be helped by raising your minimum pressure the machine cannot do anything about your CA's which make up half your AHI you could try reducing flex to see if thr helps reducing tbe CA's but as they are less than 5 a night there is nothing the medical community will be concerned about
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Arrow Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here SuperSleeper 1,364 626,073 03-24-2024, 07:19 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Long story short chronic 5 384 02-18-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: chronic
  TechieHippie's story: "mild" apnea but clusters of SpO2 drops TechieHippie 17 1,060 02-12-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
Cool Success story. ASV - switched from full face to nasal mask 00derek 2 904 11-25-2023, 06:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Angry [Equipment] KILLER STORY ON PHILLIPS CPAP MACHINES srlevine1 10 2,023 11-03-2023, 08:27 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Geer1's Story - It isn't always Apnea (or UARS) Geer1 8 1,131 05-20-2023, 01:11 AM
Last Post: Llort
  Another Collar Success Story MickTravis 12 1,843 04-02-2023, 08:44 PM
Last Post: Lucid

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.