Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My Wife Keep Waking up at Night!
RE: My Wife Keep Waking up at Night!
She is mouth breather and getting large mouth leaks when using pillow mask!
I prefer her to use the full mask, so instead of the oxygen leaking from the mouth its should be going into her lung.
Hopefully in time that will help her low respiratory rate and reduce her symptom of breathless when she talk!
She had another great night after I set the CPAP to auto mode with pressure of 10-14cmH2O as you recommended.
I just received the new Resmed Aircurve 10 vauto, and which mode should I use and what are the pressure settings should I set the machine to?
Another AMAZING result last night with AHI of 2.4, the lowest she have ever been to, and her respiratory rate went up to 10.2.

[attachment=6614]
Post Reply Post Reply
You will have to have Mrs Gumleafau stop by and say hi. Looks like this is going very well for her, and I hope her comfort matches the improvement in results.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Where are you, I don't mind stop by and say hi to you!
My wife is trying her new Resmed Aircurve vauto last night and the result looked promising but obviously need fine tuning!
She is still feeling tired in the morning from full arousal at night!
I accidentally set the machine with a wrong date, so the correct date is 12 June 18.
But this is only a one day result, but seem to be in the right track!

[attachment=6673]
Post Reply Post Reply
It looks like the pressure support is helping with hypopnea, but I would allow maximum IPAP to go to 14 cm. Good start.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
With this new bilevel machine, every time I adjust the IPAP do I also need to change the PS, so it is PS=IPAP-EPAP?
Post Reply Post Reply
PS is a constant. As long as the difference between IPAP and EPAP is greater than PS you are getting consistent pressure support in the prescribed range.

In fixed bilevel, IPAP-EPAP=PS.
In Auto bilevel, Max IPAP - EPAPmin must equal or be less than PS for the auto algorithm to work.

For example, 11 IPAP max - 6.0 EPAP min = 5.0 PS. this results in fixed bilevel at 11/6 PS 5. If the desired target is for auto bilevel at PS 5, the max IPAP must be increase or minimum EPAP decreased. At PS 4, 11/6 allows only 1-cm of EPAP increase from the minimum or a range of 10/6 to 11/7.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks you for the insight into IPAP, EPAP and PS!
Last night I set the IPAP to 14 and the result is horrible!
At PS4 11/6 the AHI is 5.89 and my wife is woken up by the OA index 3.34  and Hypopnea index 1.39.
At PS4 14/6 the AHI is 10.31 and my wife is woken up by the OA index 8.00 and Hypopnea index 1.85.
What pressure should I set the machine tonight?

[attachment=6721]
[attachment=6722]
Post Reply Post Reply
Interesting. I think sometimes centrals disguise as obstructive when pressure rises high enough the individual's lungs just can't deal with the pressure. I'd like to zoom into the flow rate during some of those events. We can perhaps improve on results by manipulating inspiration time and/or trigger/cycle.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Sleeprider, 
Attached zoom images as requested!

[attachment=6762][attachment=6763][attachment=6764][attachment=6765]
Post Reply Post Reply
I am anxiously waiting for your comments on the zoomed images attached previously!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Waking up 10+ times a night Valtor 5 118 Yesterday, 02:10 PM
Last Post: Valtor
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 292 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 160 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
Sad [Symptoms] Traumatic life event. Now I'm waking up every night suffocating. BostonEngineer 9 402 03-03-2024, 12:44 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Waking up often Omenislost 3 262 03-01-2024, 10:51 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Anxiety dreams all night and waking up anxious Clementine39 1 193 02-23-2024, 02:10 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Gross [Treatment] Waking up frequently and not feeling rested snoor 3 309 02-21-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: snoor

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.