Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My Wife Keep Waking up at Night!
RE: My Wife Keep Waking up at Night!
Thanks you for your response to my post!
The low oxygen in her blood and associated with severe obstructive apnea is a worried for me.
I will try out your suggestions tonight and keep you posted!
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks you for your response to my post!
My wife do feel better with the pillow mask, but as you said too much air escape from her mouth and not going into her lung to help her oxygen level in her blood!
I will follow the suggestions by SleepRider tonight and keep you posted!
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-01-2018, 04:14 PM)gumleafau Wrote: Thanks you for your response to my post!
My wife taken is taken no medicine for her syringomyelia, but experiencing weakness in her left arms since she was diagnosed with such condition in 1986.
Her respiratory rate is around 17-18 breaths per minute at 95% of the night, that seem to be acceptable for normal rate of breathing for normal person!
However she is struggling for breathe when she talks, but since using a cpap machine for last six months that is improving slowly!
Obviously having obstructive apnea events at night does not help the situation and I am seeking help to reduce and minimize theses events!

Gumleafau, I previously suggested a soft cervical collar, and that might be a good solution, however I took another closer look at the charts. 

Your wife is on default settings of 4 minimum to 20 maximum pressure with EPR at 2.  The one pattern I see is that her really bad OA events are triggered when the pressure rises above 10 cm.  Now, this may be the pressure that causes the apnea, or the apnea that causes the pressure or both.  If you are willing to try an experiment, I think we can learn something, and it certainly can't make things worse than the terrible results she already has.  I occasionally see this pattern in some people and there is a 50/50 shot that it is a person that cant exhale through the pressure and has obstructive apnea, or it's a person with a positional apnea or obstructive apnea that may need more pressure.  So it's a gamble.

If you and she are willing to try, set the maximum pressure at 10.  Let's see of the events persist at this level.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks you for your quick response!
I have tried by setting the cpap machine to fixed pressure of 10 and the results as attached!
These results are from using PR Auto Cpap machine.

[attachment=6363]
[attachment=6364]
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow! Good response. What happened in her titration study, and why is she not scheduled for a bilevel / BiPAP study? Her current efficacy on auto CPAP is clinically terrible. Surely you have talked to the doctor? I am a little suspicious the problem may be central apnea, even though it is flagged as OA. This is really something her medical team should be giving a high priority.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Only received the CPAP SCRIPT from Sleep Disorder Centre Australia yesterday.
The titration study was done in the lab on 17 May 18 and the recommended pressure is 10cmH2O (via a fixed-pressure CPAP machine, preferably with a humidifier)
She will get a full report after seeing the referring doctor next week!
Post Reply Post Reply
The sleep doctor did not order a bilevel titration study for my wife, only asked for a fixed pressure titration study!
I showed him the reports from the SleepHead, and he reckoned my wife is not experiencing Cheyne Stoke Respiration and Auto CPAP machine will do the job!
I was going to get the Resmed Aircurve 10 CS Pavewave to treat her Central Apnea, but holding back until I get the result back from the lab!
He is so adamant that my wife do not need a bilevel machine which got me dumb founded!

[attachment=6366]
Post Reply Post Reply
Hopefully not too much time. I'm thinking Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV. He is going to have a hell of a time justifying AHI in excess of 37 with his current prescription. That is pretty serious stuff. Let's see if that would stand up to a second opinion. Since you are in Oz, I expect you will shortly hear from our Australian members and staff that have been getting a good night sleep. Our membership is worldwide, and the AU local members may be able to direct you to a better or more intelligent resource. What region of AU are you in?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
I live is Hornsby Heights, a suburb 16km north of Sydney in Australia!
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks you for your advice!
I will try to get her apnea down by getting her a new BiPaP ASV machine!
If I can get her SpO2 back to reasonable level than I will be happy!
I will keep you posted!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Waking up 10+ times a night Valtor 5 94 5 minutes ago
Last Post: Valtor
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 287 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 158 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
Sad [Symptoms] Traumatic life event. Now I'm waking up every night suffocating. BostonEngineer 9 398 03-03-2024, 12:44 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Waking up often Omenislost 3 260 03-01-2024, 10:51 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Anxiety dreams all night and waking up anxious Clementine39 1 192 02-23-2024, 02:10 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Gross [Treatment] Waking up frequently and not feeling rested snoor 3 307 02-21-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: snoor

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.