Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My Wife Keep Waking up at Night!
RE: My Wife Keep Waking up at Night!
G. the study you posted, and the CPAP results all point to obstructive apnea. I think the use of ASV should be contingent on showing efficacy as this technology is normally only used for central and complex apnea. It is not a solution for obstructive apnea. BTW, the CS Pacewave and Aircurve 10 ASV are the same machine, but marketed in different regions.

Please take my first suggestion and TRY a simple soft cervical collar. They are very inexpensive, and can help rule-out a positional apnea problem that cannot be resolved by reasonable xPAP pressures. It's worth a try, and it is the solution that we have seen work time and time again here on the forum.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks you for you suggestions!
My wife will try the soft collar support tonight with the CPAP machine set to auto, and pressure setting from 4cmH2O to 20cmH2O and Ramp setting to 4.
I shall keep you posted!
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-01-2018, 09:51 PM)gumleafau Wrote: Thanks you for you suggestions!
My wife will try the soft collar support tonight with the CPAP machine set to auto, and pressure setting from 4cmH2O to 20cmH2O and Ramp setting to 4.
I shall keep you posted!

Set the minimum pressure to 6 not 4 as for some people 4 feels like they are starving for air
Post Reply Post Reply
With that severe of OSA, a minimum pressure of 4 is not going to be helpful. I would set the minimum pressure to at least 6, and you will quickly see whether or not this brings down her AHI and brings improvement in sleep architecture.

Also, I would seriously consider redacting any personal information on images you upload...this is a public website and there's no telling what weirdos on the internet will do.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks you for your advice in setting the minimum pressure for the cpap machine, and I will experimenting it in next few days!
Also, your advice in reacting on images that I am uploading is sensible and I will following it!
Post Reply Post Reply
I think her Sleep Doctor needs a kick in the backside!
The Dire Straits song "Money for nothing" keeps coming to mind!   Sad
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah! You are right!
My wife have to go through another titration lab test for bilevel and have to wait another four weeks for the results!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi SleepRider!
My wife has been wearing a soft cervical collar and pillow mask with the CPAP machine set to auto with pressure range of 4-20cmH2O, and the AHI gone up from 6 to about 8 and still getting woke up by vibration snoring and obstructive apnea. Tonight I will try similar setup but with fixed pressure of 10cmH2O!
The results for wearing or not wearing the soft cervical collar are very similar!
Instead of waiting to see the sleep doctor next week and getting a BiLEVEL titration and wait for another 8 weeks before getting the final result, I decided to hire a BiLEVEL machine for her. Resmed have three models to choose from, any idea which one I should hire first?
1. Resmed Lumis 100 VPAP S;
2. Resmed Lumis 150 VPAP ST;
3. Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A.
[attachment=6438]
[attachment=6439]
Post Reply Post Reply
She really needs a minimum pressure of 8.0. Sorry I overlooked the 4.0 cm minimum.

My preference on a Resmed bilevel is the Aircurve 10 Vauto. The Lumis S is fixed bilevel pressure, the ST is fixed with a backup timed respiration rate and the ST-A is an assured volume with ST mode. None of those is applicable. The older model was the S9 VPAP Auto.

I could immediately get better results out of a Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset than the Philips Dreamstation Auto. Consider that as an alternative to the bilevels.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks you for your advise!
I do noticed that the Resmed machine give a different therapy result in treating her obstructive apnea!
I bite the bullet and ordered a new Resmed Aircurve 10 vauto from SecondWindCPAP.com and should get it later this week!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SleepHQ O2 Ring Alarm waking me up MurrayApnea 1 161 Today, 08:53 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Flow Limit and frequent waking issues Premier1991 3 196 04-15-2024, 08:07 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Gross Waking up anxious Gailofiowa 3 114 04-09-2024, 08:10 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
Angry Waking Up with CPAP, Not Getting Full Nights Rest. What Settings to Change? xgrea40 3 330 04-01-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: jcp519
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 396 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 212 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
Sad [Symptoms] Traumatic life event. Now I'm waking up every night suffocating. BostonEngineer 9 457 03-03-2024, 12:44 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.