Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My Wife Keep Waking up at Night!
RE: My Wife Keep Waking up at Night!
Good graphs, but set your flow rate Y-Axis to +80 and -80 so we get better resolution. As best I can tell, the OA is real and more pressure is indicated. Let's set EPAP min at 8.0, EPAP max 15 (IPAP max 18.0), PS 4.0.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Sleeprider,
From your last post, I don't understand "EPAP max 15 (IPAP max 18.0)"! Please explain!
How is PS4 influence the outcome of the sleep apnea therapy? Is that meant if the machine set an IPAP of 15 (say) than the maximum an EPAP will go is 15-4=11?
Your advise to set the machine to 18/8 PS4 getting some surprising results, and I will keep that going for little while and see how my wife is responding to it!
She is getting more Clear Airway (CA) and lesser amount of obstructive apnea (OA)!

[attachment=6848]
[attachment=6849][attachment=6850][attachment=6851]
Post Reply Post Reply
Disregard the mention of Maximum EPAP 15. I think this was a case of the brain thinking one thing and the fingers typing another. Big Grin
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
It could be a brain fart??? Anyway, I wanted the higher EPAP minimum and a maximum pressure of 18 and you found a way to get there. Looks very good.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My brain sometime snapped up too!
My wife has been on setting of 18/8 PS4 for few nights and the AHI consistently below 3, but still keep woken up at night!
When she woke up she felt some air escape from the side of the mask!
She is not sure whether this caused her to woke up or something else does!
The Ramp is set for 20minutes by SleepyHead shown to be OFF???

[attachment=6873]
[attachment=6874][attachment=6875][attachment=6876]
Post Reply Post Reply
The first graph shows a 20 minute ramp. This version of Sleepyhead does not accurately report all of the settings on all machines. It's pretty good, but as you can see, you need to look at the flow rate to see what's going on. I can't determine what might cause arousals from here. The pressure seems pretty steady, and I suspect event rates will fluctuate and ultimately improve.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=6873]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Is changes to TiMax and TiMin and Trigger will make my wife feel more comfortable?

[attachment=6877]
Post Reply Post Reply
Most of us do pretty good with the default settings, but there is no harm in experimenting with these settings. Your wife has a relatively low respiration rate with a very long exhale time based on the statistics. I don't think it will make much difference, but you might try TiMax of 2.2. This could counteract any mouth leaks, and keep her in inspiration a bit longer. The machine will cycle to EPAP based on her input. Trigger and cycle sensitivity are somewhat comfort settings, but my have therapeutic value. From what I'm seeing here the cycle sensitivity could be changed to low, and trigger in high, to see if you get a bit more balance in the timing. If she feels the machine is not syncing with her well, then I would just move it back to medium.

I think any experiments with trigger and cycle should be done while awake, and ask how it feels. Everyone seems to feel something different when these inputs are changed, and some don't really notice it. I did not mention TiMin. It can ensure IPAP is delivered for a longer minimum time, and we sometimes see people with a wavering start to inhale which I have not seen here.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
My wife keep getting woke up by air trying to push out on the side of her full face mask every night except the first night when she start using the Resmed Aircurve 10 vauto?
Any idea what causing it? Any fine tuning of the machine to stop it from waking her up every night?
Last night from 23.30 till 1.30, she try to stop it by moving the mask around but the annoyance stop after 1.30am!

[attachment=6923]
[attachment=6924][attachment=6925]
Post Reply Post Reply
Pressures are honestly not that high. Time to fit a different mask size or style.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flow Limit and frequent waking issues Premier1991 3 162 Yesterday, 08:07 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Gross Waking up anxious Gailofiowa 3 100 04-09-2024, 08:10 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
Angry Waking Up with CPAP, Not Getting Full Nights Rest. What Settings to Change? xgrea40 3 303 04-01-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: jcp519
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 376 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 203 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
Sad [Symptoms] Traumatic life event. Now I'm waking up every night suffocating. BostonEngineer 9 446 03-03-2024, 12:44 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Waking up often Omenislost 3 308 03-01-2024, 10:51 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.