Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My Wife Keep Waking up at Night!
RE: My Wife Keep Waking up at Night!
Last night I change the pressure setting to 13.6/8 PS4 and this morning my wife did not report any air try to push out the full mask.
I got the figure of 13.6 cmH2O from looking at the results from SleepyHead at the 95% column of the table on the left. 
I picked the date she felt most comfortable and 13.6 cmH2O seem most appropriate.
I am planning to increase the IPAP to 18 slowly over next three months until she accustomed to slight increase of pressure over time!
Meantime, I am waiting for delivery of the Philips Respironics Dreamwear Full Face Mask Fit Pack and I shall keep you posted.

[attachment=6947]
[attachment=6948]
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Sleeprider,
Week and a half gone by, and still waiting for the new full mask to arrive!
My wife is slowly getting used to higher pressure with the Bilevel machine, and the AHI is floating between 2-3cmH2O!
Last night result from SH indicate a higher numbers of CA (Clear Airway), but the Rescan shown them to be Central Apnea events?
Are they meant to be the same apnea event, but different interpretation by the softwares?
If it is central apnea, how best to minimize them with the machine?

[attachment=7136][attachment=7137][attachment=7138]
[attachment=7139][attachment=7140]
Post Reply Post Reply
Anxiously waiting for your response to my last post!
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider is on vacation for a little while. Hopefully another member will be able to help you.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-02-2018, 04:05 PM)gumleafau Wrote: Hi Sleeprider,
Week and a half gone by, and still waiting for the new full mask to arrive!
My wife is slowly getting used to higher pressure with the Bilevel machine, and the AHI is floating between 2-3cmH2O!
Last night result from SH indicate a higher numbers of CA (Clear Airway), but the Rescan shown them to be Central Apnea events?
Are they meant to be the same apnea event, but different interpretation by the softwares?
If it is central apnea, how best to minimize them with the machine?

Clear Airway and Central Apnoea are the same thing the CA's are fairly low so I would not worry for now, if over the next few nights the number in crease then you could try reducing the Pressure support to 3 and see if they are lower.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi jaswilliams!
Thanks you for your response and keep you inform in a few days time with the new PS3 settings! 
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Gumleafau, I have been gone on a motorcycle trip for the last week and a half, covering about 4500 miles and smiles. The last charts you posted have some CA events. I have mentioned before that your wife has a very low respiration rate, and I'm sure the CA events are related to that. If most of the events are less than 15 seconds, they are probably related to her natural low resp rate and perhaps sleep transition or movement. I am not concerned about settings, but you may want to discuss the respiration rate with the doctor as this is considerably below normal. The therapy she is using cannot affect respiration rate. Whether it is affecting her would require some monitoring with an oximeter.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks you from taken you time off from bike riding holiday to answered my post!
4500miles in a week and half is quite a lot of riding, so you are doing on average 450miles a day!
I am just wondering will the Resmed Aircurve VPAP ASV be a better machine to treat her CA and low resp rate!
Meantime, I will make an appointment to see a doctor and discuss about her low respiratory rate!
Keep enjoy bike riding!
Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
Since I don't know whether the low resp rate is a medical concern, I can't judge the use of ASV, but I doubt it is the therapy of choice. Clearly a bilevel with backup such as ASV or ST can help to induce an increased respiration rate in some cases. My recollection is that she tends to have very long expiration, longer than 5-seconds on average. This will easily be interpreted as apnea or hypopnea when that median interval is even longer. I think you need to rule out COPD that can make expiration restricted. Another thing to consider is a higher pressure support that can make the difference between inhale and exhale greater, and therefore improve the inspiratory volume and make expiration relatively easier. If you have tried higher pressure support I don't recall the results.

Her AHI is not that bad, and the need for changing anything should be based on an evaluation of her oxygen saturation. If prolematic, this might be improved with higher EPAP and/or pressure support, bilevel with a backup rate, or supplemental oxygen bleed into the BPAP circuit. First things first; get a pulmonary workup so a professional can determine if her tidal volume and minute vent rates are being met, then decide on an appropriate strategy only if there is a problem. The AHI at 2-3 is simply insufficient to draw that conclusion.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
Can you explain why reducing the PS3 could reduce CA event in sleep apnea therapy!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flow Limit and frequent waking issues Premier1991 3 159 Yesterday, 08:07 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Gross Waking up anxious Gailofiowa 3 100 04-09-2024, 08:10 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
Angry Waking Up with CPAP, Not Getting Full Nights Rest. What Settings to Change? xgrea40 3 301 04-01-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: jcp519
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 375 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 203 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
Sad [Symptoms] Traumatic life event. Now I'm waking up every night suffocating. BostonEngineer 9 446 03-03-2024, 12:44 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Waking up often Omenislost 3 308 03-01-2024, 10:51 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.