Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My Wife's Therapy Thread
My Wife's Therapy Thread
My wife has always had good AHI numbers and most of the time they are below 1.0. Most of the time most of here events are always central apneas. Her main problem seems to be her leaks. She has been using the Resmed N30i and she complains that when she rolls over in bed the mask keeps moving off her nose. But she also seems to have a lot of flow limitations. I hope someone can take a look at her charts and see if we need to make some changes on her therapy or just need to find a better mask for her.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: My Wife's Therapy Thread
Flow limits are mostly negligible in these charts with 95% flow limit at zero, however there are strong spikes on individual breaths, and we might want to zoom in to see why that is happening. AHI is excellent, and we don't see events or inspiratory/expiratory flow times that suggest flow limits. I think if you zoom in on the flow limit spikes, you might see a few low-volume breaths that approach hypopnea. In terms of changes, the minimum pressure for EPR 3 should be 7.0 cm to provide consistent EPR. That should not be a difficult change as her median pressure is a bit above that. I don't think the mask is a big problem as the leak rate seems low. If she is using a small nasal pillow, have her try a medium for better flow.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: My Wife's Therapy Thread
I have posted a few charts. 2 are from back in September that better reflects a normal night for her in which I had her EPR set to 1. Then I turned EPR up to 3 hoping that would help her with the flow limitations. I also told her to tighten her mask a little tighter to see if that would help with leaks which has dropped her leak rate a little. The third chart is a zoomed in shot of her flow rate during some flow limitation spikes. If I raise her Minimum to 7 wouldn't that put her into a fixed rate pressure with EPR at 3? Her biggest complaint is feeling very tired during the day. She saw a new sleep doctor recently who wants her to have another sleep study done. Her first one was a home sleep test in which he says he doesn't trust them.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  stanleyv28 - Therapy Assistance stanleyv28 23 420 3 hours ago
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Dalemazkour - Therapy Help Dalemazkour 23 487 Yesterday, 08:05 PM
Last Post: Dalemazkour
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,968 364,099 Yesterday, 08:53 AM
Last Post: btreger
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 87 1,841 04-25-2024, 11:33 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  secunix Therapy Thread secunix 0 85 04-25-2024, 02:30 AM
Last Post: secunix
  Second attemp at therapy Jonkier 8 236 04-24-2024, 08:02 PM
Last Post: Jonkier
  [CPAP] Starting therapy - 3 days in, help and recommendations joedes 6 275 04-24-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.