Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My ahi value does not fall below 5.
My ahi value does not fall below 5.
I bought the dreamstation cpap auto about 20 days ago. It was stated that I had to take manual 12 pressure at the hospital. 

The company where I bought the device set it between 4-14. I am using PHILIPS DREAMVEAR. 

How can I decrease the ahi value below 5. 

I uploaded my oscar result to the attachment

Thank you.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: My ahi value does not fall below 5.
Hey there fellow newbie.......Just wanted to welcome you along and offer the only little help i can at this point.

I think you would benefit from organising your charts a little so that the experts here can offer their help.

Have a look at the wiki located at

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization

That way you can give the relevant information and get an appropriately helpful response.

Yours for now,

Geo
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank u 

I m upload new result

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the Apnea Board.  
Please remove the Pie Chart and the Calendar, they are hiding important info we frequently use. The Organization link in my signature will indicate how.

NO need to repost these but the next set please.

Set your min pressure to 8, and I wouldn't be surprised if a higher pressure is used later.  two reasons, A higher pressure is needed to manage your events and with Flex on a PR user should not be set to less than 6 without a very good reason.
Post Reply Post Reply
You might also want to do a couple of zoomed in views spanning 2 minutes across a few of your events so that people can get a better understanding of what is going on....this can be done by left/right mouse click or your up/down arrow keys when your in the daily view in OSCAR.

left right arrows will let you scroll back and forth through your nights readings
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-01-2020, 04:45 PM)josephanzel Wrote: ...

The company where I bought the device set it between 4-14. I am using PHILIPS DREAMVEAR. 

Thank you.

Your lowest setting of 4 is much too low for all but 0.001% of the breathing population. I just made that up, but the truth is that essentially nobody does well at that low setting.  They feel air starved, particularly when trying to fall asleep.  As bonjour says, increase that right away, and from there we'll see how much else we need to change with a couple of days' posted charts.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome! If you need to learn how to change your settings, click on the link at the top of the page that says CPAP Setup Manuals.

I'm willing to be that with the help of the experts here, you will soon see a reduced AHI.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-01-2020, 07:06 PM)what is ?  "0.001% of the breathing population" Why i must set 8 my score, when i prepering slept this is hard for me ? how can i take breath mesenteria Wrote:
(03-01-2020, 04:45 PM)josephanzel Wrote: ...

Thank you.

Your lowest setting of 4 is much too low for all but 0.001% of the breathing population. I just made that up, but the truth is that essentially nobody does well at that low setting.  They feel air starved, particularly when trying to fall asleep.  As bonjour says, increase that right away, and from there we'll see how much else we need to change with a couple of days' posted charts.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think he was simply trying to imply that the vast majority of people struggle and feel that they are not getting sufficient air at a low volume of 4.  Closer to 8 will help you feel like you can actually breathe and will help resolve your apnea events........
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum, josephanzel,
If you look at the left sidebar in the OSCAR stats., you can see the median pressure is around 8cm and your 95% pressure is over 9.5cm.    (The 95% simply means that you were at and below that number for 95% of the night), and even at that pressure, the machine did little to help clear apnea events.  

This is why the recommendation for a minimum pressure be moved to 10cm, and you may need a bit higher in time.  

You can use the ramp feature for a short period of time, maybe 15 minutes to help with comfort if you feel a minimum pressure of 10cm feels too high, but you really do need this pressure to help get your AHI lower, and that is what you asked about.  Set ramp to 6cm for 15 minutes. Set the Flex at 2cm. Many folk have trouble with Flex 3.

The best way to get used to the feel of pressure is to use you machine before bed.  Possibly move it to another room (not sleeping), sitting up reading or watch the television for an hour.  In time, you won't notice the pressure.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newbie - Can't seem to Fall Asleep with Apap on JoniBean 4 295 02-27-2024, 12:13 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Haven't been able to fall asleep wearing biPAP AlgebraicMisery 1 236 02-17-2024, 07:25 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  I cannot fall asleep with my bipap/home ventilator. Hypoglossal nerve stimulator? Jay51 220 14,579 01-17-2024, 11:02 AM
Last Post: Jay51
Question Can't fall asleep with the CPAP. Settings for just getting used to it? hejohoo 4 569 08-23-2023, 11:11 AM
Last Post: hejohoo
  Unable to Fall Asleep with CPAP johnnva 1 444 07-24-2023, 11:53 PM
Last Post: Melman
Rainbow Got a VAUTO 6 weeks ago. I haven't been able to fall asleep. squado 3 649 07-10-2023, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Can't fall back to sleep with the mask on after waking up in the night NoddingHacker 2 722 10-21-2022, 06:13 PM
Last Post: Lucid

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.