Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My ahi value does not fall below 5.
RE: My ahi value does not fall below 5.
Better! I'm sure an expert will be along to see whether you need more adjustments to your pressures, but first, could you tell us your subjective sense of how you slept and how you're feeling today? Rested? Not?
Post Reply Post Reply
Does look better, at least AHI dropped below 5. I'd give it a couple days before making more changes, but looks like you still need a higher minimum pressure.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, try an 8.5 min, in 3 days, (may change then) Very important to see if this holds and for you to note which feels better. Here is the time to go slow.
Post Reply Post Reply
My 3-day trials regarding your different pressure recommendations are as follows.
If I increased the pressure value to 8 and above, I had a feeling of narrowing at night and I wanted to remove the mask. I woke up between my sleep.

But if I set it between 4-14, I do not wake up until the morning. but my ahi value does not fall below 5. 

I submit to your evaluation.

[Image: NsAF8n.jpg]

[Image: qjfb6D.jpg]

[Image: imBF7N.jpg]

[Image: LMgl9n.jpg]

I am very uncomfortable when the min pressure increases and the ramp feature sets the pressure to 15 min, press min 6.

I submit to your evaluation.

thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
As the experts suggested, that minimum is the amount necessary to keep your passages open, and the higher minimum clearly demonstrates an improvement. Without stepping on their toes, my suggestion is to find a away to get accustomed to the higher minimum. You might want to try 7cm min for a week and see how it goes. Then try to bump it slightly to 7.5cm and give it another week. If you can slowly build up the pressure, that will help you body get used to it, while you continue to reduce your AHI. My .02 fwiw.
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with mrmagloo. You do need the higher minimum to treat your apnea, but you also need to work your way up to it gradually, given what you say about how you sleep with your various settings.

Your four charts show minima of 8.5, 8.5, 6, and 10. I would suggest trying 6.5. If you sleep reasonably well, stay with it for a week, then try 7. Stay with each increase for at least a week. The chances are good that if you take your time with it, you will be able to raise your minimum to an effective level while getting the sleep you need.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newbie - Can't seem to Fall Asleep with Apap on JoniBean 4 296 02-27-2024, 12:13 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Haven't been able to fall asleep wearing biPAP AlgebraicMisery 1 239 02-17-2024, 07:25 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  I cannot fall asleep with my bipap/home ventilator. Hypoglossal nerve stimulator? Jay51 220 14,590 01-17-2024, 11:02 AM
Last Post: Jay51
Question Can't fall asleep with the CPAP. Settings for just getting used to it? hejohoo 4 570 08-23-2023, 11:11 AM
Last Post: hejohoo
  Unable to Fall Asleep with CPAP johnnva 1 446 07-24-2023, 11:53 PM
Last Post: Melman
Rainbow Got a VAUTO 6 weeks ago. I haven't been able to fall asleep. squado 3 650 07-10-2023, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Can't fall back to sleep with the mask on after waking up in the night NoddingHacker 2 723 10-21-2022, 06:13 PM
Last Post: Lucid

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.