Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My answer? Dreamwear FFM is coming
RE: My answer? Dreamwear FFM is coming
If one has the Dreamwear cushion, can we just buy the FFM portion plus the additional strap?
Post Reply Post Reply
From what I saw yes. They say it's interchangeable.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-28-2018, 08:41 PM)DaveY Wrote: If one has the Dreamwear cushion, can we just buy the FFM portion plus the additional strap?

From the photos I would have to say no.  Different design, different headgear.  I have stated before on this forum that I’ve hoped Respironics would make a FFM with tube in top and finally coming out.  Hoping this mask will work for me.  The hose connection on the bottom tends to pull the mask a bit on me causing leaks as I move around.

Time will tell if this will help - but again no not from what I can determine having the current Dreamwear cushions and ohotos of new FFM.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow im definately on board. I'm using dreamwear nasal with mouth piece and chinstrap. this might just be it!
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-29-2018, 07:20 AM)CZOscar Wrote:
(03-28-2018, 08:41 PM)DaveY Wrote: If one has the Dreamwear cushion, can we just buy the FFM portion plus the additional strap?

From the photos I would have to say no.  Different design, different headgear.  I have stated before on this forum that I’ve hoped Respironics would make a FFM with tube in top and finally coming out.  Hoping this mask will work for me.  The hose connection on the bottom tends to pull the mask a bit on me causing leaks as I move around.

Time will tell if this will help - but again no not from what I can determine having the current Dreamwear cushions and ohotos of new FFM.

If you look at the picture you'll see that the full face mask snaps into place just like the nasal mask. You do have to also buy new headgear which snaps onto the mask and also loops through the existing frame holes.
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
I found out from Supplier #2 that they're waiting until next week for new the Dreamwear FFM. Also if anyone was wondering about sizing it's the same as the nasal mask. According to the supplier if you take a small nasal mask than you'll need a small FFM, etc.
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
I have tried this mask
I have tried this mask.
If you want to skip my boring intro, please go to the end of my post for my experience with this mask.
This is my first post. I discovered the board last week. I wish I would have known about you all earlier, it would have been easier for me to deal with my apnea condition and therapy.
Earlier this year, I had a sleep study done in an effort to see if it was a factor in my rising blood pressure. The results was an AHI of 40, O2 level as low as 70% and one of my events lasting nearly 3 min without breathing. I had no idea what those numbers meant until I googled it. It scared me. I’m a 150 lbs 55 year old male in fairly good shape. How can this happen to me? As a result of my second study with CPAP and most of my events being central apnea, I was prescribed an expensive Dreamstation BiPAP S/T, at high Pressure settings. It has been and still is tough for me to adjust to everything. One thing for sure, the therapy is working. I’m also experiencing several residual benefits.
On to the mask. The first mask my DME guy had me try is the one referred to in this thread. Told me it was something new that he’d like me to try. I did so for a week.
The good: Very durable and light. The hose was at the top of my head so I didn’t get tangled up like the P10 that I used during my sleep study. It has magnetic quick connects like the Airfit F20. It was very comfortable at my low ramp pressure (12cm). However the bad: Once the pressure raised, the silicone piece between the nose slot and mouth area pushed hard against my nasal septum causing bruising and sometimes partially blocking my nasal openings. The tip of my (big boney) nose extended to the “less soft” area of the mask causing sores. It also leaked in several areas. Tightening would only increase nose pressure. Also, while sleeping on my side the airflow thru that side’s hollow headgear was sometimes cutoff decreasing my overall airflow. I don’t think that this would be a problem at lower pressures since all the air could probably be handled thru the other side.
Please don’t look to me as a bubble buster. If I had lower prescribed pressures, this would definitely be my mask. And some of the issues I had (like mask leakage related to my oily skin and helping people with nose sores) may have been resolved had I known about you all earlier. Realize that I am ignorant to sleep apnea. All this is new to me, however, I feel that I’m not alone anymore in dealing with my condition.  Thank you Apnea Board members.
Post Reply Post Reply
I ordered mine a few minutes ago.

Dreamwear FFM on the way
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: I have tried this mask
(03-30-2018, 12:49 PM)kbear Wrote: I have tried this mask.
If you want to skip my boring intro, please go to the end of my post for my experience with this mask.
This is my first post. I discovered the board last week. I wish I would have known about you all earlier, it would have been easier for me to deal with my apnea condition and therapy.
Earlier this year, I had a sleep study done in an effort to see if it was a factor in my rising blood pressure. The results was an AHI of 40, O2 level as low as 70% and one of my events lasting nearly 3 min without breathing. I had no idea what those numbers meant until I googled it. It scared me. I’m a 150 lbs 55 year old male in fairly good shape. How can this happen to me? As a result of my second study with CPAP and most of my events being central apnea, I was prescribed an expensive Dreamstation BiPAP S/T, at high Pressure settings. It has been and still is tough for me to adjust to everything. One thing for sure, the therapy is working. I’m also experiencing several residual benefits.
On to the mask. The first mask my DME guy had me try is the one referred to in this thread. Told me it was something new that he’d like me to try. I did so for a week.
The good: Very durable and light. The hose was at the top of my head so I didn’t get tangled up like the P10 that I used during my sleep study. It has magnetic quick connects like the Airfit F20. It was very comfortable at my low ramp pressure (12cm). However the bad: Once the pressure raised, the silicone piece between the nose slot and mouth area pushed hard against my nasal septum causing bruising and sometimes partially blocking my nasal openings. The tip of my (big boney) nose extended to the “less soft” area of the mask causing sores. It also leaked in several areas. Tightening would only increase nose pressure. Also, while sleeping on my side the airflow thru that side’s hollow headgear was sometimes cutoff decreasing my overall airflow. I don’t think that this would be a problem at lower pressures since all the air could probably be handled thru the other side.
Please don’t look to me as a bubble buster. If I had lower prescribed pressures, this would definitely be my mask. And some of the issues I had (like mask leakage related to my oily skin and helping people with nose sores) may have been resolved had I known about you all earlier. Realize that I am ignorant to sleep apnea. All this is new to me, however, I feel that I’m not alone anymore in dealing with my condition.  Thank you Apnea Board members.

Thanks for the info and welcome to Apnea Board. Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
When you get it, give feedback. Curious to know more user feedback. Thanks.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dreamwear vs P30i Whacked 0 142 04-09-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: Whacked
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 5,490 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Solvent smell coming from new Airsense 11 ducknoir 22 7,515 03-06-2024, 07:06 PM
Last Post: Teddyg
  Dreamwear frame sizing ahuman 3 378 02-23-2024, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 894 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
Question [News] RESMED CHANGES COMING? srlevine1 6 1,066 12-30-2023, 12:31 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Centrals coming back Gperry 9 735 12-05-2023, 12:23 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.