Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My attempts at a custom made mask
RE: My attempts at a custom made mask
I just used this to glue silicon

Commercial link removed, search instead on  “Smooth-On” website for Sil-Poxy Silicone Adhesive.

What sensors would you add? Pressure? Humidity?

Also the scans that I have gotten so far have the hardest time with the nostrils. I get somewhat better results with extra lighting.

I tried using mascara to put dots on my face. It is hard to tell if it worked any better because I can't do the direct comparison because the photo sets are always different in many ways besides to dots.

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd add pressure, flow, co2. I got an idea how to make the 3d model. In the meantime I need you to make 2 more nose casts like the one in the picture, while I prepare a picture tutorial. Also which 3d Printer do you own?
Post Reply Post Reply
Just got the Brevida. It works when i first put it on but as soon as the pressure ramps up it starts to leak.  If I apply just a little pressure to the "wings" (for lack of a better term the inflatable flaps on the outside of my nose) it seals right up and works great. That is until I remove my hand. I did roll up a bit of toilet paper and for an upside down "U". When i gently stuffed it into the space between the hard plastic and the "wings" it sort of worked. I think that I could fashion something from a flexible piece of plastic.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-26-2018, 04:11 PM)Albercook Wrote: Just got the Brevida. It works when i first put it on but as soon as the pressure ramps up it starts to leak.

Have you tried both sizes of nosepiece, XS-S and M-L? There are three retail packages available, one with only the smaller of the two, one with the larger, and one with both.

I use it at pressures of 15 to 20 with no leaks once I've got it adjusted OK. When it does start to leak just a tiny bit, I pull it out of the nose slightly, jiggle it around, and let it fall back, pulled by the elastic of the headband. That always seals it again. Once in a while you need to make sure that the "prongs" (which are very soft) haven't become inverted.

The two sizes of nosepiece are available separately on Amazon and of course from the usual suppliers in the list. When searching, it helps to use the keyword "airpillow", which is F&P's trademarked name for it.

HTH.
Post Reply Post Reply
The F&P  Eson works best but only if I don't move. I think it the straps did a better job of preventing it from moving side to side it would work well.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good point about pulling it out for the prongs to inflate. 

Yes, I have both sizes.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-26-2018, 04:23 PM)Albercook Wrote: Yes, I have both sizes.

In that case, all I can guess is that maybe the headgear (single strap, elastic) isn't adjusted to be tight enough? Or not pulled all the way down to the back of the head.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-26-2018, 04:26 PM)Fats Drywaller Wrote:
(05-26-2018, 04:23 PM)Albercook Wrote: Yes, I have both sizes.

In that case, all I can guess is that maybe the headgear (single strap, elastic) isn't adjusted to be tight enough?  Or not pulled all the way down to the back of the head.

Tried all those things. It is on right. I can adjust it tight enough but in the morning the septum of my nose hurts.

I will post if I get more results with my wing supports
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-15-2018, 08:50 AM)crowtor Wrote: I'd add pressure, flow, co2.

Any idea how to measure the CO2? I looked at the scuba market but that is pricey. I don't know if the technology is fundamentally pricey or if it is the application. 

(05-15-2018, 08:50 AM)crowtor Wrote: In the meantime I need you to make 2 more nose casts like the one in the picture

Want me to mail them to you?

(05-15-2018, 08:50 AM)crowtor Wrote: Also which 3d Printer do you own?

Prusa i3 mk3

I just posted a model from 3DF Zephyr to Sketchlab.

[commercial link removed, see below]

Don't put too much effort into it. It is my first try. I think i can do better.

This is fun. Looking forward to it.

-----

To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-26-2018, 04:47 PM)Albercook Wrote: I just posted a model from 3DF Zephyr to Sketchlab.

[commercial link removed, see below]

Don't put too much effort into it. It is my first try. I think i can do better.

This is fun. Looking forward to it.

-----

-----

If you have an abiding desire to gaze at my "very majestic nose."* You can do a google search for "SketchFab" and enter my member name. 

For the sake of the children be forewarned my nose is completely naked.

*Walla Walla  04-20-2018, 4:57 PM, this thread.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Custom-Fitted Masks? TonyBoBony 5 463 03-01-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: TonyBoBony
  [Pressure] Pressure max/min clarification and change I made richapple 5 403 01-28-2024, 04:03 PM
Last Post: richapple
  Made a few tweaks , trying to analyze FordGuy84 0 406 06-05-2023, 04:16 PM
Last Post: FordGuy84
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,663 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Any chages to be made to CPAP machine? No real guidance msb1xr 1 636 12-21-2022, 04:02 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,336 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289
  Made (Therapy Thread) Made 37 2,038 08-12-2022, 08:47 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.