Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My auto cpap quit working.... emergency !!
My auto cpap quit working.... emergency !!
I have a regular cpap machine.. i have prob bad sleep apnea rating

set it to about 10 was told in past on here..
sounds good?

my normal auto cpap machine broke cus got water in it as i transported in trunk so Emergency here!

cus i drive trucks and need to be well rested
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: My auto cpap quit working.... emergency !!
You've got a backup machine and you're running it at a straight CPAP pressure of 10?

Well, let's hope that works out for you. Hopefully you were given the right advice about setting it at 10. The only way to tell for sure is to look at the data the next day using something like SleepyHead.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Are you working on getting a new machine as was suggested in responses to your previous thread? That is what you need. What is your backup machine?  It would be best to put all of your posts regarding this issue in that same thread. It makes it easier for forum members to advise you.

In reviewing the responses to your other posts I don't see any recommendation that you set your pressure at 10. Sleeprider did suggest you consider getting an Airsense 10 Autoset auto CPAP. Is it possible you misunderstood and thought he was recomending a pressure of 10? What is your backup machine?
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Can't argue with the advice just given.  Is the machine you're having to use capable of some EPR (Exhalation Pressure Relief)?  If you find that you're getting too much of a constant blast, and your machine can be programmed to give you even 2 cm of relief, I would try that next evening.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's a bit confusing because your profile says you have a "resmed vpap auto 25" but your post says your "normal auto cpap machine broke". There are a number of different kinds of PAP machines that are called "auto" and it's not really clear what kind you were prescribed and need for your treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
His resmed vpap auto 25 broke and he needs to go to a doctor and get a new prescription or buy a different autoset if he has no insurance. Whats there to be confused about. As far I understand VPAP is an AutoBIPAP meaning he needs Resmed Aircurve Vauto.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Machine and settings not working snapperzz 3 93 03-26-2024, 02:10 AM
Last Post: snapperzz
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 372 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  25 years of cpap, and still not working good Johan van der veen 2 176 03-08-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Johan van der veen
Question SD Formatting and OSCAR not working smallhandsfeeding 2 199 02-02-2024, 03:24 PM
Last Post: smallhandsfeeding
Question [Pressure] Returning Auto CPAP user, help interpreting my OSCAR data and pressure settings cpappadoppoulos 3 403 01-25-2024, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 583 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  [Equipment] 12 months of therapy. Tried several masks/nothing working Tiredkiwi 5 492 12-30-2023, 11:15 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.