Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My bad
RE: My bad
I ended up getting a smallish bedside table from Ikea that has a lower shelf which is where my CPAP machine now sits. It's better anyways to have it lower than your head to prevent rainout.
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
Machine on the floor on a hard board ( we have carpet ), hose up behind the bedhead and over the top to hang down to my pillow. 

In this case it is not about what the wife wants.. it is about what needs to be done for my health needs. 

And when my wife was diagnosed with breast cancer, and with the chemo and surgery that followed, and the disruption that was required to cope with the post surgery loss of a breast and how to sleep while healing.. again the aesthetics of the bedroom's appearance was secondary. 

And if you are a male.. getting the wife's approval for almost anything is a lost cause  Oh-jeez so just do what you need to in an effort to make it work for your health.  Grin

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Does your health treatment need approval from anyone? Besides your sleep doctor that is.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-26-2018, 04:46 PM)HD Fry Wrote: I forgot the single most important element to worry about when a user (myself) first obtains all of his/her new gear. That is - how do you array it around your bedside for an acceptable presentation that will meet with the wife's approval. Needless to say, i'm still working on that and I'm glad she has a good sense of humor!   Smile

I don't do it for approval, but my arrangement is a 2-drawer bedside table with a 2-inch hole drilled through the back. The machine is in the drawer, and is suspended by day to the headboard, but it can tuck neatly out of sight very easily.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5043]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Very clever.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-28-2018, 07:19 AM)cate1898 Wrote: I ended up getting a smallish bedside table from Ikea that has a lower shelf which is where my CPAP machine now sits.  It's better anyways to have it lower than your head to prevent rainout.

Not to derail, but what is "rainout"?  My new machine sits an inch or two above the level of my bed.
Post Reply Post Reply
Rainout is is when you get water in your mask. Mostly happens when the humidifier is set too high and the hose is unheated. If the machine is lower than the bed the water won't make it up the tube to your mask. With heated hoses it's not much of a problem anymore.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
I have very little on my nightstand - machine, clock, electric clock, light. My hose runs up and over the top of the headboard with a hose buddy. Now, my wife's side is piled high with all her stuff and her machine. She has a stand over her machine so the cats can't turn it on or off (so she says).

Homer
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.