Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My battery backup setup
RE: My battery backup setup
(09-25-2021, 08:05 AM)vimo1970 Wrote: Hi John 
As I mentioned in another post I used the same connections when trying to solve issues with my Resmed Auto S9 power adapter.
Though voltages are checking out fine 24V 3.3V and the sense to ground resistance comes in at very close to 2.7K (2.75K due to tolerance) I'm still getting the same Check Resmed 30/90W power adapter message. 
Only thing is I am using an LM1117 3.3 not a Buck converter. The LM1117 itself takes its inputs from a 5V adapter. 
I noticed in some posts on this thread about connecting a 47K from the 24V to the sense pin, to get 1.8V at startup for a brief while. Is that something I need to do in addition to the 2.7K in series with the 3.3V sense pin?

Hi there,

I dont get that Check message on the S9, this works fine with the +3.3V Buck Converter in series with a 2.7K Resistor to (Pin 3) S9 Black sense wire.
I did not have to connect a 47K from the 24V side to the sense pin, so I have no idea why would have to it.

John vk3hjq
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-10-2021, 05:39 PM)vk3hjq Wrote: Hi there,

Correction on this circuit diagram, DC-DC Buck Step Down Converter Regulator Module 3.3V

Should read
Pin 3 Black not Braid
Pin 2 Braid not Black

John vk3hjq

Should read diagram

John vk3hjq
Post Reply Post Reply

John vk3hjq  Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Correct wiring

John vk3hjq  Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Nice!  For S9 users that need a ready built version, here is a $32USD DC-DC Resmed S9 specific power supply on Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/KFD-Adapter-Charg...WXBC?psc=1
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I did this for my Dreamstation (1) it also works for the Dreamstation2. (the fuse is in another part of the cable)
[Image: file.php?id=769&t=1]
I still have a cable that came with the official batterypack for the Remstar Pro-M. Now I only use the cable with the 12V (cigarettelighterplug) and connected it to my new cable.
Buitenzijde = outside
Binnenzijde = inside
Middenpen = pin
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-25-2022, 09:32 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Nice!  For S9 users that need a ready built version, here is a $32USD DC-DC Resmed S9 specific power supply on Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/KFD-Adapter-Charg...WXBC?psc=1

Get the 1 that does both.

John vk3hjq  Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Cornelius - Please read this link on how to insert an image into a post.
"How to: Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board"
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It seems the picture in my previous post was only visable to me.
I directly entred some code that works on other forums (and here for me).

New try to get the image in my post.

[Image: file.php?id=769]
What I did was I bought a cable and a female connector. I connected the female to the cable with test cables. Than I connected the DS1 and it's powersupply via this temporary cable. Now I took some measurements, Volts. Than I connected an ampere meter to measure the current. I calculated the resistance between the pin and the and the +12V. I disconnected the powersupply and measured the resistance between the centerpin and the outside. Both the measurement and my calculation came out on about 25k Ohm. I had resistors of 100k Ohm lying around so I placed 4 of them parallel to make 25k Ohm.

I hope adding the picture worked this time.
Post Reply Post Reply
Cornelius  -  If you notice that your file image ends with, "php".  This is a PHP command for the web server engine and not an image file.  If you are trying to capture an image to post here, first right-click on the image and try one of the two following options.
  1. Select "Copy Image Link", then select the "Insert an image" icon from the AB editor menu, and insert this URL.

- or -

2. Select "Save Image As" and save it to your computer.
    1. Using the "New Attachment" option, below the editor window,  chose the "browse" and select from your download location.
    2. Select "Add Attachment"  
    3. Select the "Insert into post" button adjacent to the image listing.
    4. If you wish for the image to be displayed larger, select "Preview Post" and right-click on the image, this time selecting the "Copy Image Link". Now, using the "Insert an image" button, paste the URL in its box and press the "OK".

Complete instructions are in the link, Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board, located in my signature.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Battery power source for ResMed machine MaskedOne 8 167 04-12-2024, 04:42 PM
Last Post: MaskedOne
Cool Smallest travel CPAP setup w/ Transcend Micro kotaKat 5 1,907 04-02-2024, 11:44 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 10 299 04-02-2024, 11:43 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  battery backup recommendations as10/as11 eok361 54 4,731 04-01-2024, 10:03 PM
Last Post: Charliejoe
  HDM Z1 Battery Replacement Ephraim 10 2,029 03-17-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: breinersj
Cool New Backup Machine doesn't have menu options mcse350 2 231 02-28-2024, 03:38 PM
Last Post: mcse350
Thumbsup NEW MEMBER INFO: GET YOUR OWN [secret] CPAP SETUP MANUAL SuperSleeper 1 2,016 02-17-2024, 01:47 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.