Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My battery backup setup
RE: My battery backup setup
Well it does at least have a sail.
I use my PAP machine nightly and I feel great!
Updated: Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 760P -
Rise Time x3 Fixed Bi-Level EPAP 9.0 IPAP 11.5 (cmH2O)
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-27-2015, 05:04 PM)GeoffD Wrote: ML35-12 Mighty Max 35 amp-hour AGM wheelchair/scooter battery ($63.99 on Amazon)
ResMed 12v-24v DC-DC converter ($84.95 from an online DME)
0.75 amp Battery Tender Jr.($27.69 on Amazon)

With a deep cycle AGM battery, you're supposed to be able to draw the battery down to 20%. With a 35 amp-hour battery, that gives me 28 amp-hours of usable power.
Curious, do you plan on putting the battery in a case to prevent shorts?
[size=x-small]Current Settings PS 4.0 over 10.6-18.0 (cmH2O) BiLevel Auto
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-12-2015, 09:41 AM)krelvin Wrote: Curious, do you plan on putting the battery in a case to prevent shorts?

Useful in a mobile environment like a boat.
Otherwise, not necessary unless you accidentally drop a metallic object across the terminals.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-12-2015, 11:00 AM)justMongo Wrote: Useful in a mobile environment like a boat.
Otherwise, not necessary unless you accidentally drop a metallic object across the terminals.
I would assume he also plans on using this in his bedroom. Not safe without case.

Note that those types of batteries are used in scooters and wheelchairs, they all have cases for protection.

For fun, try shorting one out sometime.... not so fun and very dangerous also a fire hazard. Should be in a case.
[size=x-small]Current Settings PS 4.0 over 10.6-18.0 (cmH2O) BiLevel Auto
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-12-2015, 01:23 PM)krelvin Wrote:
(05-12-2015, 11:00 AM)justMongo Wrote: Useful in a mobile environment like a boat.
I would assume he also plans on using this in his bedroom. Not safe without case.

Note that those types of batteries are used in scooters and wheelchairs, they all have cases for protection.

For fun, try shorting one out sometime.... not so fun and very dangerous also a fire hazard. Should be in a case.

I will go with our resident elekrickul enjinear on this one. No need for a case in the house, under general conditions. Don't drop a mettalic object across the terminals and no problem. My truck doesn't have a protective case around its battery. The three 35 AH emergency spares I keep in the closet don't have a protective case. The 10 AH battery that I use in the airplane to power GPS and radio doesn't have a protective case (yes, I have to flip the prop by hand to start it because it has no electrical system).

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-12-2015, 03:28 PM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote: I will go with our resident elekrickul enjinear on this one. No need for a case in the house, under general conditions. Don't drop a mettalic object across the terminals and no problem. My truck doesn't have a protective case around its battery. The three 35 AH emergency spares I keep in the closet don't have a protective case. The 10 AH battery that I use in the airplane to power GPS and radio doesn't have a protective case (yes, I have to flip the prop by hand to start it because it has no electrical system).

OMMOHY

I miss the days floating around in a friends air knocker.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-12-2015, 03:56 PM)Mark Douglas Wrote: I miss the days floating around in a friends air knocker.

Me too. I need to get some money ahead so I can get mine annualed.

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
I plan on getting a battery box larger than the battery so I can mount two fused 12v sockets in the end and a voltmeter display and charger mounted on top so my PR machine (and wife's soon to be machine) can just be permanently plugged in and and forgotten about. The UPS's scattered around the house will bug me awake with infernal beeping anyway but if they don't the cpap machines will just keep puffing along w/o any effort on my behalf.
Does it need a box? No but will be purtier this way and less for small dog to chew.
Post Reply Post Reply
I like that setup. Yesterday was the first decent thunderstorm we have had this year and the power did drop out a couple of times for a few seconds. They really need to trim out the Brazilian pepper trees that have grown all around the transformers.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, new here. Two questions, please:

1. Anyone find any other good DIY battery back-up solutions for a ResMed AirSense 10 (I guess it's an Autoset) CPAP machine.

2. How do I run this WITHOUT the humidifier? Do I just put an empty tub in, or do I have to turn off "humidifier" on the ResMed AirSense 10?

I'll be spending a month in a cabin with no electricity, but I'll be able to recharge during the day

Thanks for your help!

Bartbrn
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Battery power source for ResMed machine MaskedOne 8 167 04-12-2024, 04:42 PM
Last Post: MaskedOne
Cool Smallest travel CPAP setup w/ Transcend Micro kotaKat 5 1,907 04-02-2024, 11:44 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 10 300 04-02-2024, 11:43 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  battery backup recommendations as10/as11 eok361 54 4,732 04-01-2024, 10:03 PM
Last Post: Charliejoe
  HDM Z1 Battery Replacement Ephraim 10 2,030 03-17-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: breinersj
Cool New Backup Machine doesn't have menu options mcse350 2 232 02-28-2024, 03:38 PM
Last Post: mcse350
Thumbsup NEW MEMBER INFO: GET YOUR OWN [secret] CPAP SETUP MANUAL SuperSleeper 1 2,019 02-17-2024, 01:47 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.