Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My blood pressure seems HIGHER when sleeping on CPAP?
RE: My blood pressure seems HIGHER when sleeping on CPAP?
Because the doctor doesn't understand that an overloaded liver will close its inlet valves and thus increase blood pressure markedly.
Because the doctor doesn't know how much and what type of load each toxic chemical "medication" does.
Because the doctor is paid by the government and could literally not care less if I am healthy or not.
Because the doctor resents me hugely for my knowledge that she lacks instead of working with me, out of the hyper-superiority illusion of those of her trade.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-04-2018, 09:40 PM)Horrux Wrote: My machine is a Resmed with these identifiers:
S/N: 23132418281
Ref: 36005A
Lot: 805732

Your help sorting through this is very appreciated. Thank you.

Horrux,

According to the numbers you have here, you are using an S9 APAP/CPAP AutoSet.

As others have asked, download the free #SleepyHead software.  Be sure you have an SD card in your machine.  Then follow the links in my signature line for guidance on organizing and posting your data here.  

Someone will take a look at it and advise if that's what you would like.  

If you don't have a clinical manual for your machine, you can get one here, link at top of page.

Also, you seem to have a lot of heath problems, and as stated prior, high BP numbers often reflect an underlying health issue.  Find a doctor that will listen to your concerns.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-05-2018, 01:35 PM)Horrux Wrote: Because the doctor doesn't understand that an overloaded liver will close its inlet valves and thus increase blood pressure markedly.
Because the doctor doesn't know how much and what type of load each toxic chemical "medication" does.
Because the doctor is paid by the government and could literally not care less if I am healthy or not.
Because the doctor resents me hugely for my knowledge that she lacks instead of working with me, out of the hyper-superiority illusion of those of her trade.

You need a different doctor or attitude.  Your choice.  Get %Sleepyhead and let's talk about sleep therapy. We can't help you with your tin foil approach to medicine.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-04-2018, 02:38 PM)Horrux Wrote: Title says most of it...

I am at wits' ends here...

My blood pressure is getting sky high (175/125) and I don't know what to do... The doc's meds aren't helping much at all!!!!

Do you know of other cases? What kinds of strategies were used for resolving them?

Thanks

So, i know you brushed this off going on about the government and doctors, but for anyone else reading...

If your BP reaches these numbers, you don't need to see your doctor.. you need to see your ER.  This is within the range (specifically, diastolic above 120) to be clinically hypertensive crisis, and may require immediate treatment to avoid stroke or other organ damage (urgency or emergency would be determined at the ER). The cause, be it physical or psychological (anxiety is a b**ch) needs to be identified and steps take to ensure no lasting harm. I know lots of people (myself included) hate going to the doctor, but this really is one of those things you need to take  seriously..
Post Reply Post Reply
No, actually it was the slow and short walk. It seems I need COMPLETE REST in order to maintain normal blood pressure. This is a telltale of a systemic exhaustion of deadly proportions. I suspect that most athletes who die suddenly do so because of a condition similar to this, only THEY keep on being active.

Anyway, problem solved, I sit my ass down and don't move all day. :-(
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-14-2019, 08:39 AM)Horrux Wrote: No, actually it was the slow and short walk. It seems I need COMPLETE REST in order to maintain normal blood pressure. This is a telltale of a systemic exhaustion of deadly proportions. I suspect that most athletes who die suddenly do so because of a condition similar to this, only THEY keep on being active.

Anyway, problem solved, I sit my ass down and don't move all day. :-(

So it’s been over a year since you last posted, and this is your update?? Well, I guess you can sit on your arse all day and not move.....but that might kill you faster than anything else you listed.

Have you taken any of the advice you received here? Did you touch base with a doctor? How’s your BP readings?

Where’s the charts we asked you to post?
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 212 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Side sleeping and shoulder pain SCgargoyle 9 986 03-19-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: skcampbell2
  Frustrated as unable to get AHI's less than 5 and have difficulty sleeping. . rltarbu 21 825 03-19-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: rltarbu
  [CPAP] Can pressure wanting to go higher actually be due to leakage? richapple 1 107 03-15-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Fixed Sleeping Position the entire night? Unkikonki 7 208 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 254 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  [Pressure] What Cpap pressure should I use? uarspatient2023 1 237 03-02-2024, 12:56 AM
Last Post: Expat31

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.