Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My blood pressure
There is nothing against splitting the dosage, per se, unless your doc says otherwise.
good to know thanks
I just was curious if you split the dose it would not have the same effect
Perhaps I will try this then
Not after the first few days - once the dosage has built up in the blood stream, the question is always about the half life of the dose, so give it a day or two on full dosage before going to split dosages, and don't dose near bed time - not later than 8 p.m., or even earlier - you will have sleep problems otherwise.

ok thanks I will give it a couple days then take them in the morning instead
No citrus fruits of juices, please - especially grapefruit (I had to think for a whole minute to remember that word - too many languages...)
Grapefruit --- that's the one Doc. It interferes with cytochrome P450 isoform CYP3A4 which is involved in the metabolism of many medications.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

(12-16-2014, 04:12 PM)DariaVader Wrote: Honestly, I think anything which raises adrenalin levels (pain, stress, fright, activity, meds) will also raise BP

...and consumption of too much salt. Choke down a pizza or a big bag of chips and watch your blood pressure spike a few hours later.
(12-18-2014, 10:30 AM)GeoffD Wrote:
(12-16-2014, 04:12 PM)DariaVader Wrote: Honestly, I think anything which raises adrenalin levels (pain, stress, fright, activity, meds) will also raise BP

...and consumption of too much salt. Choke down a pizza or a big bag of chips and watch your blood pressure spike a few hours later.

true. anything which creates water retention, including salt, but also sugar and carbs. specifically it is the water retention that is the issue.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which disturbs sleep most? High Pressure or Changing Pressure Rcgop 7 1,671 11-10-2016, 07:37 PM
Last Post: Sleep2Snore
  Blood sugar issues after treating apnea with BIPAP Gugliano 7 487 10-21-2016, 01:59 PM
Last Post: southerndoc
  Blood Pressure Stories cands 10 852 09-05-2016, 01:45 PM
Last Post: Timur
  How long until changes in blood tests or medications? NorthernGuy 11 875 09-04-2016, 07:46 PM
Last Post: Mosquitobait
Question Low Oxygen, Low Red Blood cell count and Low T kwhenrykerr 0 310 07-21-2016, 04:11 AM
Last Post: kwhenrykerr
  Lower max pressure affecting pressure increases Rcgop 9 817 07-17-2016, 07:03 PM
Last Post: green wings
  I pressure/E pressure - cause/cure - on CAs Rcgop 1 576 06-17-2016, 08:47 PM
Last Post: richb