Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My blood pressure
RE: My blood pressure
Yep SA will cause high BP, and Afib, and ventricular wall thickening. Been there got the tshirt.

Ive been on every combo of Bp and heart pacing meds they have over the past 20 years. Vasotec, Amlodopine, Miacardis, Directics both potassium sparing and not, Lopressor, imdur "a long acting nitrate" Topral, you name it ive been on it or some combo of em.

None ever got my BP down and even ablation surgery didnt stop the Afib. Cpap has. Im on a diuretic and one BP med but pretty sure ill be off one of those as my BP is runing a bit low now after 3 mo on cpap.

I would be careful of amdopoline if you have a tendency toward afib. It has a tendency to cause afib in folks that have it. Though I took it for years no more of that for me thanks.

One I can plainly and without doubt steer you clear of. Beta Pace. I took it for 7 yrs. But it has a known ability to suddenly in some people even after they have been doing well with it, to set up a lethal heart rithyem of its own.
It backfired on me and dropped my HR instantly to into the low 30s. At the ER adrenaline, or nothing else they tried would raise it. Nothing they can give you will break that rythem until the med is out of your system.

It takes five days for it to get out of your system so that is what I spent in intensive care while my cardologist wrung his hand and tried to insist on a pace maker with on board defibillator.

I wouldnt and slowly over five days my HR was back to normal. Take my word for it steer clear of that one.

Cpap will likely take care of the BP troubles in a few months.
Post Reply Post Reply
I finally got off my ACE inhibitor and Calcium channel blocker as my BP was dropping in the middle of the day to 90/50 and my heart rate was 45 - man did it make me feel punky~! I've been on and tolerate 'Bystolic' 20mg - only to just now learn that Medicare won't pay for it, they want me back on Torporil(sic) or the like instead (which back in the day seriously turned me into a zombie) - now what? BP is fine currently 110/70, and resting HR is usually around 70.
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
interesting that last night before bed ( was feeling tired ) my BP went down to around 140/90??
Just took it now again and its 178/98

Post Reply Post Reply
My GP provided this information concerning BP. There are basically 2 types of people; one that their BP is high in the morning and ones that have a higher BP at night. Statistically, the person that has a high BP in the AM are at higher risk to "Vapor Lock" (my words).
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just back from Doc. My bp in his office was 164 /85
He gave me prescription for bp meds and have work up scheduled for Monday
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-13-2014, 11:52 AM)kilbarchan1 Wrote: Just back from Doc. My bp in his office was 164 /85

Glad you did that. 164/85 is a rather wide pulse pressure. Your diastolic pressure in within norms; but 164 systolic is too high. Not emergency high -- just too high in the long haul.

If you don't mind, I'm curious as to what he/she prescribed.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-13-2014, 12:10 PM)justMongo Wrote:
(12-13-2014, 11:52 AM)kilbarchan1 Wrote: Just back from Doc. My bp in his office was 164 /85

Glad you did that. 164/85 is a rather wide pulse pressure. Your diastolic pressure in within norms; but 164 systolic is too high. Not emergency high -- just too high in the long haul.

If you don't mind, I'm curious as to what he/she prescribed.

Prescribed me ramipril 2.5mg
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-13-2014, 12:17 PM)kilbarchan1 Wrote: Prescribed me ramipril 2.5mg

That's an angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor. The meds that end in pril are usually ACE inhibitors.

Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
not sure as I have never been on BP meds before
I just took my BP now and its 140/86 this is with no meds yet ( I will take the first pill tonite)
Certainly a lot lower than what it was a few days ago when it was 180/105 so hopefully the blood tests will narrow it down to whats going on
Post Reply Post Reply
It will take several days for the medicine to build up in your system and significantly lower your pressure. Make sure to always take ti at the same time, and at the hour the doc or the pharmacist recommended (we suggest morning here for the ones I prescribe).
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Equipment] Apnea index, blood pressure, pulse and SpO2 stier52r043 0 229 02-25-2024, 11:49 AM
Last Post: stier52r043
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,641 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 923 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [Health] Dizziness and high blood pressure Okbutton 2 518 06-13-2023, 08:58 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Pressure] Pressure suggestions to reduce ear pressure? rv88 0 646 05-24-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: rv88
  FFM HELP: no leaks, no nose bridge pressure and no headgear pressure on back of neck? koy23 6 1,556 01-22-2023, 07:33 PM
Last Post: koy23
  Impact of blood pressure medication kemeky 16 1,485 01-15-2023, 09:14 AM
Last Post: Lucid

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.