Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My blood pressure
RE: My blood pressure
(12-16-2014, 02:13 PM)kilbarchan1 Wrote: yes my BP was always in the 130/80 range and they actually found it increased by accident as I went to the emergency with torn rotator

Are you still in pain? If so, did you inform your PCP of your condition when having your BP taken? Are or were you taking any pain meds?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
yes they knew about the pain as that was the reason I went to emergency and I am getting physiotherapy for it now but I am sure even though I was in pain, it would not get my BP up 50 points .....
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-16-2014, 03:21 PM)kilbarchan1 Wrote: yes they knew about the pain as that was the reason I went to emergency and I am getting physiotherapy for it now but I am sure even though I was in pain, it would not get my BP up 50 points .....

It does mine. mine is (since cpap) normally ~ 130 to 140/80 to 90. I lacerated my index finger when cleaning an immersion blender (major ID10T move... i get that) I had left it plugged in to turn it on in a bowl of soapy water but managed to blend my index finger instead Oh-jeez bp at immediate care was 176/83. It is also routinely higher if I have a headache. that said, I am recognized to have a medical issue with BP and am on 3 different meds to control it.
http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/465355_2
Post Reply Post Reply
Honestly, I think anything which raises adrenalin levels (pain, stress, fright, activity, meds) will also raise BP
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-16-2014, 02:13 PM)kilbarchan1 Wrote: [
yes my BP was always in the 130/80 range and they actually found it increased by accident as I went to the emergency with torn rotator issues and when they took my bp it was elevated
I will see cardio in 2 weeks then go from there but your right the last year I have stopped playing soccer ( used to play pro) and have just been very busy with our 8 yr old as well as work and dont get the exercise I used to
My diet has never been great so starting this week I have cut out sugars, and a lot of carbs, been eating green mostly including green smoothie in morning, and have started drinking beet juice, lots of Vit C and K2, multi vitamins as well as Omega 3's. Hoping that helps a bit

Forget juices and smoothies - they are sugar bombs and don't really work except as that. Omega 3 only works when naturally taken - pills and cod liver oil not only don't work, we are finding out, but may be toxic. In short - sea fish.... Supplements as a whole are less effective than simply eating the natural foods they come in, and in the dosages those foods contain (get your 5 a day, or 7 as some are saying) of fruit and veg. It is better for you than pills of any sort.

Rule of thumb - if it grows above the ground, you will be fine - if it grows in the ground, is is a mass of sugar.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-16-2014, 03:21 PM)kilbarchan1 Wrote: yes they knew about the pain as that was the reason I went to emergency and I am getting physiotherapy for it now but I am sure even though I was in pain, it would not get my BP up 50 points .....

No, it would not, after the initial incident. And certainly not after a while and you habituated to the pain. Pain meds might, but even then after long term usage, there tends towards a normative factor.
Post Reply Post Reply
wll used the 5mg tablet last night and man do I ever feel out of it today. My face is even a bit flushed and getting some periodic eye pain??
I took my BP this morn to see if there was a difference and at was 130/85 so certainly came down but are these symptoms usual ? Never been on any meds before
I heard that BP meds in gerneral have quite a few side effects and if this is what I need to get used to then man I will be making quick radical health changes so I dont need to be on them
Post Reply Post Reply
It depends on the meds you are taking - most of the side effects are mentioned in the literature accompanying the medication, however, if this continues over a few days, then it is not likely that you will be able to continue on this particular type of medication and will require a switch to a different type of bp medication. The eye pain is more worrisome than the flushing, but that may be an otic migraine, which may be an accompaniment to a sudden lowering of bp. It may also be sinus drainage problems or a variety of cranial blood vessels under tension. Wait and see. There is always a "break-in" period for new drugs. I have just started on a new drug for my heart, which has been acting up like crazy the last few weeks, and already I have a dry cough, sinus aches and a "heavy" chest. Most of this will clear up in a few days as the body adjusts.

If you are not experiencing swelling or difficulty breathing, or strong headaches or dizziness, then continue for a few days and see if the effects lessen, if they do not, see your doctor immediately before discontinuing the medication. Being "out of it" is not a normal side effect for bp medications.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-17-2014, 11:18 AM)kilbarchan1 Wrote: wll used the 5mg tablet last night and man do I ever feel out of it today. My face is even a bit flushed and getting some periodic eye pain??
I took my BP this morn to see if there was a difference and at was 130/85 so certainly came down but are these symptoms usual ? Never been on any meds before
I heard that BP meds in gerneral have quite a few side effects and if this is what I need to get used to then man I will be making quick radical health changes so I dont need to be on them

what are u taking? Niacin?
Post Reply Post Reply
nope dont take niacin at all
Im wondering if perhaps instead of taking the whole 5mg at night , splitting it into 2 x 2.5mg doses instead? If not I will wait to see if any symptoms subside
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Equipment] Apnea index, blood pressure, pulse and SpO2 stier52r043 0 229 02-25-2024, 11:49 AM
Last Post: stier52r043
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,639 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 922 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [Health] Dizziness and high blood pressure Okbutton 2 518 06-13-2023, 08:58 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Pressure] Pressure suggestions to reduce ear pressure? rv88 0 646 05-24-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: rv88
  FFM HELP: no leaks, no nose bridge pressure and no headgear pressure on back of neck? koy23 6 1,556 01-22-2023, 07:33 PM
Last Post: koy23
  Impact of blood pressure medication kemeky 16 1,483 01-15-2023, 09:14 AM
Last Post: Lucid

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.