1) ResMed is prettier
2) But the Dreamstation has a better water system
3) Dreamstation works with my fitwell full face mask and has setting for different masks, ResMed did not
4) Dreamstation seems to WORK with my mask
5) Other so called fullface masks don't work as well as my Fitwell mask, and I have tried two so far…all leak and blow air into my eyes.
6) The Dreamstation DOES put out somehow a little more air flow at the same setting of 10 VS the ResMed unit.
7) I got a full thee hour sleep cycle with the DS this first night where I could not do so in three nights of sleeping with a ResMed unit.
8) As Philips make my mask their system seems more able to work with my mask over the resMed unit.
1) Both Philips and ResMed offer a breathing relief system where on your exhale the pressure is dropped by up to 3CMs.
2) BUT the ResMed is harsh, when I stop inhaling, the ResMed has a hard reaction, so hard it makes the mask jump, it pumps up and down with these changes.
3) The DreamStation does this so smooth I cannot feel ANY changes, and the mask does not move.
4) Both have Humidifiers, so far the DreamStation seems to make more humidity with less effort. And it seems to work better I had less dry mouth.
5) Both have water tanks, the ResMed is a pressure fit which you have to pull out the side and push it back in, which means I have to move it around in my bedside drawer to do these acts.
6) The DreamStation has a top cover that when unlocked and raised and LIFTS the tank up and back and you simply just pick it up. I do not have to move it around to remove or replace the tank.
All in all, I like the DreamStation much more.
Bottom line I could not stand the ResMed S10, first I felt like I was being mildly suffocated, and after three nights of horrible nights I had to switch back to my old Philips 960 ASV set as a APAP settings, a unit I had used for 3 years.
On the first night on the DreamStation I got a good nights sleep.
IF this stays common I have a winner.