Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My cpap journey
RE: My cpap journey
A total AHI number of 18.8 last night. 7 central apenas, 86 obstructive apenas, and 25 hypopneas.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had misunderstood. This is still predominately obstructive and would call for increased pressure. Do you know what the median and 95% pressure was?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Last nights results

Min-8
Max-12
90%-12
Post Reply Post Reply
That is a message that you need to allow your machine to go higher. I would recommend 16, but 14 max pressure is better than nothing. Basically if you were on fixed CPAP, the doctor would set the machine to the 90% pressure. It would still help to see a chart so we can tell if you're dealing with a positional issue or not.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll get one posted either Thursday or Saturday.
Post Reply Post Reply
My Oscar info from last night. Be patient, I'm learning this. Tech is not my thng.
Post Reply Post Reply
How do I show the full length of the report?
Post Reply Post Reply
it's probably positional apnea, like chin tucking, jaw drop etc blocking your airway. I wouldn't do anything till you sort that out. I could suggest min 12 max 20, but I don't think this is in your best interest.The odds are you will show a chart bouncing around 20
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
I dropped this link in my first post to this thread, and if you read it, you will notice your results look a lot like the example http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...onal_Apnea

A large part of your problem is positional and you need to fix that. I also suggested a maximum pressure of 14, with the possible need to go to 16, and I will stand by that as well.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Saw my sleep doc today. She bumped me up to 12-15 with a ramp start of 8. I have switched from two pillows o one, did that Tuesday Iirc but it didn't make any difference.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Journey to cure UARS. OSCAR data attached gzaw 3 807 8 hours ago
Last Post: gzaw
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 64 3,161 03-12-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  CPAP journey start - please help (thread) Negligee1136 48 4,228 01-29-2024, 03:54 AM
Last Post: zaienk
  Dr. Steven Park details his UARS journey gainerfull 3 609 12-18-2023, 12:01 PM
Last Post: srwilsn3
  Twobigwheels - CPAP Therapy Journey Twobigwheels 34 1,177 11-27-2023, 09:55 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  The Journey Begins - clearairways Therapy Thread clearairways 76 4,333 11-04-2023, 06:48 AM
Last Post: clearairways
  A few questions whilst I navigate my journey (masks/flow rate) Rebdr 11 787 10-30-2023, 02:17 AM
Last Post: Rebdr

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.