Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My cpap journey
RE: My cpap journey
Do I have to take multiple screen shots to post all the graphs?
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-16-2019, 11:48 AM)Lee Rilea Wrote: Do I have to take multiple screen shots to post all the graphs?

Nope!  I mentioned back in my original post #2, to look at the links in my signature line.  
The second link gives a step by step tutorial on organizing the graphs we need to see.

It’s fine that your sleep doc raised your pressure, but as others said....you should try to address the positional sleep issue.  You are more than likely tucking your chin to your chest while sleeping.  This cuts off your air and causes the many Obstructions as you can see in your graph.  This can happen regardless if you are side sleeping or back sleeping.

Many folk here have found that a soft neck collar will help.(found on Amazon in many size options)
Measure your neck circumference and add a couple inches.  Most can be comfortable with a collar 3 inches or even shorter in height, if your neck is short.  
Should not be worn too tight.  You don’t want your neck held rigid.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's one reason I removed a pillow. I will look into what you mentioned. We have some u shaped neck pillows for use in the car. Is that anything similar?
Post Reply Post Reply
you've totally lost me here - how many pandas was it ?

Rob
Post Reply Post Reply
Tongue  Gotta love auto correct.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-16-2019, 02:10 PM)Lee Rilea Wrote: That's one reason I removed a pillow. I will look into what you mentioned. We have some u shaped neck pillows for use in the car. Is that anything similar?

Yes, even though I recommend a soft cervical collar, I personally felt better using the pillow you describe above. I use a small travel size u shaped pillow, but place it under my chin with the open part in the back. I do move a lot in my sleep, due to hip pain, but it seems to stay with me for the most part. It’s soft and stops me from tucking my chin.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
No time to post Qscar results. Higher pressure and pillow resulted in worst night yet. Lots of mask leaks, waking up literally every hour.
Post Reply Post Reply
You seem to have two problems right now, mask leaks and chin tucking.

Address the mask leaks first. Do you use the mask fit function on your machine?
Also, read the mask primer.
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
No idea what the mask fit function is or how he access it. I tried the travel pillow, it kept pushing my mask off my chin resulting in leaks.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-17-2019, 06:10 AM)Lee Rilea Wrote: No idea what the mask fit function is or how he access it. I tried the travel pillow, it kept pushing my mask off my chin resulting in leaks.

Ok Lee,
Order the Clinicians Manual for your machine here:
https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p...tup-manual

This manual will show you how to access the providers menu and be able to change pressures.  It will also describe all functions on your machine.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Journey to cure UARS. OSCAR data attached gzaw 3 819 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: gzaw
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 64 3,165 03-12-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  CPAP journey start - please help (thread) Negligee1136 48 4,231 01-29-2024, 03:54 AM
Last Post: zaienk
  Dr. Steven Park details his UARS journey gainerfull 3 609 12-18-2023, 12:01 PM
Last Post: srwilsn3
  Twobigwheels - CPAP Therapy Journey Twobigwheels 34 1,177 11-27-2023, 09:55 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  The Journey Begins - clearairways Therapy Thread clearairways 76 4,336 11-04-2023, 06:48 AM
Last Post: clearairways
  A few questions whilst I navigate my journey (masks/flow rate) Rebdr 11 788 10-30-2023, 02:17 AM
Last Post: Rebdr

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.