Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My data is... boring?
RE: My data is... boring?
(11-16-2015, 07:59 PM)eseedhouse Wrote: I have very low AHI's too, and have had since I started APAP. Nevertheless I was still going downhill. An overnight oxymetry showed that my O2 levels were still going very low even though the apneas were treated. They added in extra oxygen at night and that's when I started to get better.

So keep track of how you feel and make sure your doctor knows. If you don't like what's happening to you ask for more tests so you can get better treatment.

That's an excellent point. My doctor was more concerned with my SP02 levels than anything else, so maybe it's possible that my SP02 levels are still low, despite the successful apnea treatment.

Unfortunately my insurance won't cover the oximetry adapter for my machine, so it would be on my dime, and I imagine that is not a cheap "upgrade." Maybe I can get my doctor to prescribe another overnight oximetry test to test the effectiveness of the treatment from an SP02 standpoint.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-16-2015, 08:04 PM)PaytonA Wrote: If your data is all that boring you might want to try reducing all of the hypopneas you are claiming! Big Grin Big Grin

"All of the hypopneas" = 0-2 per night... Smile But perhaps I will bump up the starting pressure to see if I can do even better.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-17-2015, 01:56 PM)Possum Wrote: That's an excellent point. My doctor was more concerned with my SP02 levels than anything else, so maybe it's possible that my SP02 levels are still low, despite the successful apnea treatment.

Unfortunately my insurance won't cover the oximetry adapter for my machine, so it would be on my dime, and I imagine that is not a cheap "upgrade." Maybe I can get my doctor to prescribe another overnight oximetry test to test the effectiveness of the treatment from an SP02 standpoint.

My DME did not charge me for their overnight oxymetry. You can buy recording oxymeters fairly cheaply depending on what you consider "cheap" of course. The ones that attach to your PAP machine will definitely cost a whole lot.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-17-2015, 01:56 PM)Possum Wrote: Unfortunately my insurance won't cover the oximetry adapter for my machine, so it would be on my dime, and I imagine that is not a cheap "upgrade." Maybe I can get my doctor to prescribe another overnight oximetry test to test the effectiveness of the treatment from an SP02 standpoint.

While they won't buy you an oximeter, if your doc orders it, they will almost certainly pay (more) for you to rent one overnight from the DME for diagnostic purposes.
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-17-2015, 02:02 PM)Possum Wrote:
(11-16-2015, 08:04 PM)PaytonA Wrote: If your data is all that boring you might want to try reducing all of the hypopneas you are claiming! Big Grin Big Grin

"All of the hypopneas" = 0-2 per night... Smile But perhaps I will bump up the starting pressure to see if I can do even better.

Sorry, the original post made it sound to me like you had a lot of hypopneas.

Quote:....My AHI's rarely exceed 0.5, and my events are usually at the lower limit of being classified as an "event" - 10-11 secs at the most, with the vast majority being hypopneas rather than apneas. I rarely even have a snore.

A ">vast< majority" made it sound to me like a lot. Again sorry for my misinterpretation of your statement.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-16-2015, 07:26 PM)Possum Wrote: So, I suppose I should just be thankful for this, but I have been analyzing my own data in ResScan during most of my therapy, and it is actually pretty boring. My AHI's rarely exceed 0.5, and my events are usually at the lower limit of being classified as an "event" - 10-11 secs at the most, with the vast majority being hypopneas rather than apneas. I rarely even have a snore.

Is anyone else "suspicious" of their data and how flat it looks? As in, you're not even sure you really have sleep apnea? My study somehow found an AHI of 32, but I wonder if that's because they forced me to be on my back most of the time, a position in which I very rarely sleep.

As I said, I know I should just be happy, but my skeptical, scientific mind says something is fishy. Is it really possible that I am responding so ideally to therapy?

As a further suggestion I would suggest you download Sleepyhead and then view your data there. In that software you can flag other events defined as user flag 1 and 2 which will show you if you are having other events that just aren't long enough to fit the 10 second definition of an apnea. True, an 8 or 9 second event could still be nothing because you need an oxygen desaturation to qualify as an apnea but it could start to explain why you could have a low AHI but still not feel top notch every day.

As an example, my AHIs average around .45 and some days, like last night .2. But last night I had 6 user flag 1 and 2 events which were interesting to note if I wasn't feeling well but I am so they are insignificant.

Keep up the good work.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Doctor says perfect data, but extremely tired - OSCAR Data Auzzyrocks 13 2,652 12-04-2022, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Lucid
Question [Pressure] Doctor can't see detailed data - Can my OSCAR data save me from another sleep study? KidCharlamagne 5 896 09-28-2022, 08:20 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [CPAP] Data showing clear airway apneas: central apnea or soft palate collapse? Data inc. JamesD0079 0 801 03-21-2022, 07:50 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  Dreamstation CPAP vs Aircurve BiPap data? Data over time for Insp/Exp? Desiree 12 2,285 05-20-2020, 10:00 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  IF I insert an SD card to get data for Sleepyhead will my ResMed still send data theMezz 3 2,073 04-20-2018, 07:52 PM
Last Post: theMezz
  Data viewer for 960 BiPAP AutoSV / Missing data pswartz 5 4,059 10-06-2014, 02:31 PM
Last Post: pswartz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.