Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My data is... boring?
My data is... boring?
So, I suppose I should just be thankful for this, but I have been analyzing my own data in ResScan during most of my therapy, and it is actually pretty boring. My AHI's rarely exceed 0.5, and my events are usually at the lower limit of being classified as an "event" - 10-11 secs at the most, with the vast majority being hypopneas rather than apneas. I rarely even have a snore.

Is anyone else "suspicious" of their data and how flat it looks? As in, you're not even sure you really have sleep apnea? My study somehow found an AHI of 32, but I wonder if that's because they forced me to be on my back most of the time, a position in which I very rarely sleep.

As I said, I know I should just be happy, but my skeptical, scientific mind says something is fishy. Is it really possible that I am responding so ideally to therapy?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: My data is... boring?
Do you notice a difference in how you feel since beginning therapy? Feeling tired still, or feeling less tired, or feeling great etc... What about other problems you may have had like brain fog or morning headaches or other things prior to starting therapy...any improvement in those?
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-16-2015, 07:30 PM)cate1898 Wrote: Do you notice a difference in how you feel since beginning therapy? Feeling tired still, or feeling less tired, or feeling great etc... What about other problems you may have had like brain fog or morning headaches or other things prior to starting therapy...any improvement in those?

It's difficult to say - I have good days and bad days, pretty much like I always have. Some days I wake up ready to tackle the world at 6 AM, some days I want to stay in bed as long as our little girl will let me, which isn't long. Smile My wife says I'm generally in a better mood, so maybe I just don't remember what I was like before.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have very low AHI's too, and have had since I started APAP. Nevertheless I was still going downhill. An overnight oxymetry showed that my O2 levels were still going very low even though the apneas were treated. They added in extra oxygen at night and that's when I started to get better.

So keep track of how you feel and make sure your doctor knows. If you don't like what's happening to you ask for more tests so you can get better treatment.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
If your data is all that boring you might want to try reducing all of the hypopneas you are claiming! Big Grin Big Grin

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Is your leak rate good? If you experience a lot of leaks, then your numbers may not be accurate.

Other than that, if you feel good and your AHI is down and you are sleeping well, it sounds as if your doing pretty good.

But Payton makes a good point on tackling hypopneas.
You could move you start pressure up to 7.5 and see if you can eliminate them.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't feel my data is exactly boring but I'm still wondering about the whole situation. When I was able to get some information on the study it said my AHI was 2.5 with a couple of SP02 spikes down into the middle 80's I don't seem to feel any different after about 4 months on the tether. My AHI is still around 2.5-3 [average], still have occasional SP02 spikes into the middle 80's when I check with my personal recording oximeter with the 95th % about 92-94, leak rate is in the teens mostly [I have a full beard] and still sleep about 8 hours + every night. I also don't have any of the other common symptoms, headaches, getting up during the night, falling asleep during the day, or while reading for example, [I do take a nap occasionally but I'm also well into my 7th decade Smile], etc [never have]. Its been interesting learning about sleep apnea, but.....

Maybe I'm missing something?
Post Reply Post Reply
jonde,
Are you sure that your AHI was only 2.5 from your sleep study? They usually don't treat Sleep Apnea unless it's over 5. The only other reason I could see is that your oxygen levels were low.

You should ask for a copy of the sleep study.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
2.5 was what was in the report [unless it is a typo] and makes me wonder about even having sleep apnea. I may try but it's the VA so it may not be possible although the folks there have been very helpful during this whole adventure. They also had me take the 6 min walk test to check my 02 level, which I had no trouble with, no 02 needed. I'll be sticking with the program until I get with them again and get more information, after all it's my life that could be negatively affected by an uninformed action. I'm not particularly unhappy or bored, just curious.
Post Reply Post Reply
AHI during treatment matter the most
AHI 0.5 considered good results
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Doctor says perfect data, but extremely tired - OSCAR Data Auzzyrocks 13 2,651 12-04-2022, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Lucid
Question [Pressure] Doctor can't see detailed data - Can my OSCAR data save me from another sleep study? KidCharlamagne 5 896 09-28-2022, 08:20 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [CPAP] Data showing clear airway apneas: central apnea or soft palate collapse? Data inc. JamesD0079 0 798 03-21-2022, 07:50 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  Dreamstation CPAP vs Aircurve BiPap data? Data over time for Insp/Exp? Desiree 12 2,281 05-20-2020, 10:00 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  IF I insert an SD card to get data for Sleepyhead will my ResMed still send data theMezz 3 2,072 04-20-2018, 07:52 PM
Last Post: theMezz
  Data viewer for 960 BiPAP AutoSV / Missing data pswartz 5 4,059 10-06-2014, 02:31 PM
Last Post: pswartz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.