Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My doctor suggested patience
RE: My doctor suggested patience
(10-04-2020, 10:02 PM)Annecelesye Wrote: My chart looks good even to my eyes but I still wake up with a terrible feeling and I am unable to fall asleep again.  This is from tonight. The last part is from my attempt to fall asleep.  I am sorry to bother the board all the time since I got so much help up to now.

You're progress is amazing.  I'm impressed!  

(My story isn't important; but I've done this a long time. And it took a long while for me to find my way here.)

Suggest you look at the length of time that you are asleep.  When do you go to bed? Wake up? Can you get more sleep?

And I see where you've had your mask off a couple of times. I used to get up a lot in the night. Now I don't  

So I've improved how I feel by paying attention to details and asking questions here. Lots of questions, because I have so much to learn.

You're in a good place! The people here know so much!  Be proud of what you have accomplished.  Keep at it!

Sleep-well
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
I am very sorry to bother you again.  I had a great improvement during the last months.  Last week I had a common cold and although now I am back to normal I have several bad nights.  The charts show very long clear airway events.  What can this mean?  I wake up tired and irritable. I haven't  mentioned it to my doctor yet, as he will probably say "nothing to worry".

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Although you had a couple CA events over 30 seconds, there is no suggestion in the data that offers insight to cause of the events. You responded normally with an arousal and recovery breathing in the close-up shown. Your pressures appear nearly optimized, and respiratory statistics look good for a small female. I can't think of a suggestion to modify settings. We see variations in respiration and efficacy associated with minor health events like a cold, and usually the therapy returns to the normal in time.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Sleeprider,

I have been so well during the last few months and every variation worries me.  It is the 38-sec duration of the event that scared me.  Under the sea, I cannot hold my breath for more than 10 seconds. 
Once again I am grateful for your advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
No need to worry that only makes things worse.

Your sleep is going to be what it is going to be. The best thing you can do is relax and try to get the best sleep you can. The odd apnea even if a longer duration is not an issue, only really worth worrying about/trying to treat if you start having a bunch of them.
Post Reply Post Reply
And, the close up definitely showed you got aroused from sleep, took 4 or five breaths before sinking back into fine sleep.

Rest, now.

QAL
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello,

I wake up every morning very tired,  although I use my CPAP, and from my point of view, my OSCAR findings are not so bad.  Is CPAP therapy stopping working at some point?  I was feeling great for a long time and not anymore.  Oh,  and I snore again. 

Thank you very much

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 245 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  [split] Doctor won't help improve Vauto settings JohnCondor 7 527 02-19-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Doctor switched my wife over to an ASV machine, it has doubled her AHI MaybeTowelie 18 934 12-21-2023, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Most Informtive Metrics To Send To Doctor BlueSky1958 3 331 12-17-2023, 09:59 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Equipment] How to send data from older Resmed Airsense 10 to sleep doctor? silverchief2 6 793 12-15-2023, 03:50 PM
Last Post: silverchief2
  Doctor ordered a CPAP sleep study melody 11 900 11-12-2023, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  What should I ask a sleep doctor (NHS consultant)? Ploppy 5 674 11-11-2023, 04:41 PM
Last Post: DrJelly

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.