Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My events per hour have gone up today
My events per hour have gone up today
Hi. My events per hour have gone up to 2.4.  and ahi on machine 0 .7 I usually am under 1 for events per hour  and ahi was .5 or .6.  I skep 5.2 hours and I know it took me 50 minutes to sleep. Also this is my second day wearing my mouth guard the new one I have been with my cpap machine for at least 4 weeks also hardly used my mouth guard  when I started the cpap  as my  old mouth guard was the old one and was damaged. Unfortunatly dont   I
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: My events per hour have gone up today
Continuation I wanted to edit but did not know how.  I don't remember how often I wore the fiirst guard during my cpap but was not too long. I did wear the new guard previous night but don't think my events per hour were that high. I noticed that I was coughing last night so my question is this normal that my events per hour have gone up  . As mentioned my events per hour have mostly been under one l am new to this and very concerned my sleep quality has not been that good yet  . Thank you for listening. Also I don't have computer to download the software that many of you recommended.    

Just want to know if this is normal  that it would go up.  Thank you for reading my post
Post Reply Post Reply
I think that you are doing very well, even with the increase to 2.4. Think you need to give yourself some time to settle in to your device and see what happens over the next week or so. My numbers are low as yours and do not like to see any increase, however sometimes we shouldn't chase numbers too seriously. There can be other issues that can raise our numbers as well, positional sleeping, head tuck, etc. Sleepyhead would be a bonus as others have recommended, perhaps download on a friends computer and run reports periodically.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Novello1234,
It's not unusual to see AHI readings rise. Many factors can cause this, like new medications, stress, common colds, congestion, etc.  In your case, could just be the new mouth guard and adjusting to it.

More importantly, is the makeup of your AHI, whether mostly obstructives, hypopneas, or clear airway events.

Since you have no way of monitoring your therapy without software to guide you, be sure to touch base with your doctor.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
your title says it all "My events per hour have gone up today"
Today does not make a trend.  As we say in my hobby, Relax, don't worry, have a homebrew"
Be aware of changes, which you are, but when under AHI 5 don't worry about numbers.

That said, the most important Vulcan question, how do you feel?
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-09-2017, 07:26 AM)bonjour Wrote: your title says it all "My events per hour have gone up today"
Today does not make a trend.  As we say in my hobby, Relax, don't worry, have a homebrew"
Be aware of changes, which you are, but when under AHI 5 don't worry about numbers.

Thank for your responses. I recall moving quite a lot the coughing which I have nkt done in a long time I feel a bit more tired today so i shall see what happens today . I was just alarmed with that number I am also having gum/ tooth pain  which I have had in the past as result of my grinding and  tmj might be the new guard that I M adjusting to  i will keep u posted
Post Reply Post Reply
Mine jump around like a jackrabbit in heat. Don't worry so much about daily variations. Look for trends. Think about anything that may be different if the trend continues, like a cold, time that you ate, medications, but don't worry yourself to death. The only thing that is the same in PAP therapy is that it varies by the day.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-09-2017, 11:25 AM)TASmart Wrote: Mine jump around like a jackrabbit in heat. Don't worry so much about daily variations. Look for trends. Think about anything that may be different if the trend continues, like a cold, time that you ate, medications, but don't worry yourself to death. The only thing that is the same in PAP therapy is that it varies by the day.
Ok thank you could Also be all that tossing side to side or my tooth psiny
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-09-2017, 11:04 AM)Novello1234 Wrote:
(06-09-2017, 07:26 AM)bonjour Wrote: your title says it all "My events per hour have gone up today"

Thank for your responses. I recall moving quite a lot the coughing which I have nkt done in a long time I feel a bit more tired today so i shall see what happens today . I was just alarmed with that number I am also having gum/ tooth pain  which I have had in the past as result of my grinding and  tmj might be the new guard that I M adjusting to  i will keep u posted

Thank you  for your responses i will try not to worry unfortunately I have a feeling that it might be due to my  night guard  tooth pain  I am so tired for not really sleeping. well quality not the number hopefully tonight will be different
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-09-2017, 04:46 AM)Novello1234 Wrote: Hi. My events per hour have gone up to 2.4.  and ahi on machine 0 .7 
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid209300
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 65 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 6 165 03-15-2024, 07:59 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  15-minute periods of massive events (OSCAR pics included) nicholasb600 2 145 03-14-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 9 224 03-12-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Why does my clear airway events keep increasing? deirdrepen 3 227 03-12-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Help interpreting non-obstructive events in OSCAR needsleeps 14 725 03-05-2024, 12:28 PM
Last Post: needsleeps
  CPAP CA Events brainfoggysleeper 2 207 02-29-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: jcp519

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.