Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My events per hour have gone up today
RE: My events per hour have gone up today
some others have said it, but daily variations don't mean much. And 2.something is really nothing to worry about even it it were to go to that for weeks at a time. Or forever.

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
Please consider using the Sleephead software to look at your sleep over time. It is good information and can help us help you.

Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-09-2017, 11:04 AM)Hi Novello1234 Wrote:
(06-09-2017, 07:26 AM)bonjour Wrote: your title says it all "My events per hour have gone up today"
Today does not make a trend.  As we say in my hobby, Relax, don't worry, have a homebrew"
Be aware of changes, which you are, but when under AHI 5 don't worry about numbers.

That said, the most important Vulcan question, how do you feel?

Thank for your responses. I recall moving quite a lot the coughing which I have nkt done in a long time I feel a bit more tired today so i shall see what happens today . I was just alarmed with that number I am also having gum/ tooth pain  which I have had in the past as result of my grinding and  tmj might be the new guard that I M adjusting to  i will keep u posted
update.   

My events per hour on Friday was 0.6   Good sleep. And also skrot during the day.  But Saturday it was 1.7 and sunday2.2.  My ahi is now 0.8.  The lowest I had since may 29 was 0.3  yo 1.3.  I am worried about these high numbers and I did not sleep well both Saturday or Sunday.  Any thought opinions I will be going for my sleep study second one next week Thank you in advance for reading this post
Post Reply Post Reply
Your results are good to very-good, even with occasional days above AHI of 2. This does not suggest a need for therapy changes. Your results will vary from day to day, and it's important to look at results in the long-term. Confession: I have not looked at my data in 3-weeks. The "high" numbers you had do not seem worthy of much concern, and without knowing what kind of events these are, when and why they occur, and even knowing a few basic facts about what machine you are using and your settings, it's impossible to advise you. Please consider including more detail in your user profile, or posting some data.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-12-2017, 09:16 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Your results are good to very-good, even with occasional days above AHI of 2.  This does not suggest a need for therapy changes.  Your results will vary from day to day, and it's important to look at results in the long-term.  Confession: I have not looked at my data in 3-weeks.  The "high" numbers you had do not seem worthy of much concern, and without knowing what kind of events these are, when and why they occur, and even knowing a few basic facts about what machine you are using and your settings, it's impossible to advise you.  Please consider including more detail in your user profile, or posting some data.
Ihi the machine that I am using us resmed 10 for her  and my pressure is 7  I will be going  for my second study with my mask  for titration about 2 months ago when I had the first study I had no mask it was just to determine if I have sleep apnea  my sleep doctor prescribed this pressure . Maybe next week after  the study that might change but I won't see my sleep doctor until  July
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll just say, the machine you have would titrate you without any further study if you choose.  Change to Auto mode with pressure range of 6.0 minimum to 14.0 maximum and download free #Sleepyhead  software.  We should have you dialed in within a week.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-12-2017, 08:28 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I'll just say, the machine you have would titrate you without any further study if you choose.  Change to Auto mode with pressure range of 6.0 minimum to 14.0 maximum and download free [url=http://OSCAR Official Download Page ----> CLICK HERE ./]SleepyHead[/url]  software.  We should have you dialed in within a week.

The vendor set my pressure with my md prescription. He will adjust based on his prescription
Post Reply Post Reply
How was the pressure prescription determined? It looks like you only had a home diagnostic test. Why would you subject yourself to the inconvenience and cost of a second test, when you could simply change to Auto CPAP mode?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-12-2017, 09:50 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: How was the pressure prescription determined?  It looks like you only had a home diagnostic test.   Why would you subject yourself to the inconvenience and cost of a second test, when you could simply change to Auto CPAP mode?

My sleep doctor is the one who prescribed the pressure. Also in Canada it is ohip that covers and my sleep doctor is recommending for purpose if titration
Post Reply Post Reply
Just to clarify: (As best I recall)

In Ontario, in order to get the gov. ADP (not OHIP) to cover part of the cost, you have to have a sleep lab titration, overseen by a registered sleep doctor. There are additional requirements to get an APAP machine. I really should d/l that particular pdf.

I wasn't aware that home sleep tests are used in Ontario, so I wonder how you have a machine before a titration, Novello. Is it a loaner or a rental?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Still tired and CA events liebano 0 21 2 hours ago
Last Post: liebano
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 10 355 03-26-2024, 11:08 PM
Last Post: chrotteg
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,401 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 7 269 03-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: michaelyu15
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 119 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  15-minute periods of massive events (OSCAR pics included) nicholasb600 2 179 03-14-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Why does my clear airway events keep increasing? deirdrepen 3 269 03-12-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.