Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[News] RESMED CHANGES MYAIR SCORING
Wink 
RESMED CHANGES MYAIR SCORING
In a remarkable, for ResMed, display of transparency, they have sent emails detailing how they have changed the scoring protocols ...  

Quote:myAir Score

We’ve changed the way your mask seal scores are calculated to align with how your healthcare provider assesses your mask leak. Most users will only experience small differences in their nightly scores (+/- 3 points), however,you may notice a larger increase or decrease if you’re having issues with your mask fit and seal.

Additionally, we’ve changed how mask on/off events impact your score. You can now have up to two events before your score is impacted, so no more losing points if you need to get up to use the restroom!  

Of course, many forum members were on top of the changes and noted them elsewhere in the forum. 

In other news ...

Quote:What’s New
We’re excited to let you know about a few new features and updates to myAir™! Read on to learn about Touch ID, access to more data and your new myAir score.

Touch ID

Logging in to your myAir account is now easier than ever! Update to the latest version of the myAir™ for Air10™ by ResMed app (iOS only) and enable Touch ID, a fingerprint identity sensor, for quick access. If you aren’t using the app, visit the Apple App Store today!

Last 30 days

We now display the last 30 days of data. This gives you the ability to see how your therapy is tracking over the last month so you can monitor your progress more effectively.

Cleaning and Inspection Reminders

Regularly cleaning and inspecting your therapy equipment is an important part of getting the most out of your therapy. You can now enable monthly reminders to help you know when and how you should be cleaning and inspecting your therapy equipment. Log in to your account at myAir.ResMed.com, then visit My Account > My Notifications to turn these on.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: RESMED CHANGES MYAIR SCORING
I noticed the mask on/off a week or so back, before the announcement. They allowed 2 masks off, not 1. I'd have had a few more 100s instead of 99s had that been the case all along!  Too-funny
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-21-2017, 10:07 PM)TBonz Wrote: I noticed the mask on/off a week or so back, before the announcement. They allowed 2 masks off, not 1. I'd have had a few more 100s instead of 99s had that been the case all along!  Too-funny

I was at my doctor and the ResMed rep was selling the MyAir program as a "gamified engagement device" to encourage compliance. As a smart a** (one who can sit on an ice cream cone and tell you the flavor), I replied "so wanting to live a little longer" lacks pizzazz." The rep looked over and asked if I was staff or a patient and looked annoyed when I said I was the reason he still had a job. Fun and games with medical devices -- no wonder they love the iPhone.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-21-2017, 11:30 PM)srlevine1 Wrote:
(12-21-2017, 10:07 PM)TBonz Wrote: I noticed the mask on/off a week or so back, before the announcement. They allowed 2 masks off, not 1. I'd have had a few more 100s instead of 99s had that been the case all along!  Too-funny

I was at my doctor and the ResMed rep was selling the MyAir program as a "gamified engagement device" to encourage compliance. As a smart a** (one who can sit on an ice cream cone and tell you the flavor), I replied "so wanting to live a little longer" lacks pizzazz." The rep looked over and asked if I was staff or a patient and looked annoyed when I said I was the reason he still had a job. Fun and games with medical devices -- no wonder they love the iPhone.

Did you get all the merchandise   Big Grin 

Ok, I heard the reply from here "Go away in sexual jumps"   Too-funny
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-21-2017, 11:30 PM)srlevine1 Wrote: I was at my doctor and the ResMed rep was selling the MyAir program as a "gamified engagement device" to encourage compliance. As a smart a** (one who can sit on an ice cream cone and tell you the flavor), I replied "so wanting to live a little longer" lacks pizzazz."

I absolutely agree with the rep. Engagement is everything.

I had a brick about 10 years ago. Lack of logging meant I was flying blind. Yes I felt better, but that was a qualitative thing, no hard data behind it. I eventually stopped using the machine.

About a year ago my MD and I decided I should give CPAP another try.

The DreamStation with detailed logging, combined with SleepyHead, have made all the difference.

I'm about 8 months into CPAP use and I still download and examine my SleepyHead results almost every day. I've tweaked my pressures and watched my AHI and RDI really improve. My AHI is almost always below 1.0 and my RDI is often below 2.0.

"Engagement" with detailed data and immediate feedback for tweaks is what it took for me to stay interested and motivated.

It's all good, except that both the MDs and the reps probably hate users taking such control over our machines. Fortunately for them we're probably a tiny minority. Would even 1% of users be engaged enough to study SleepyHead graphs?
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-26-2017, 05:22 AM)SnoringInOregon Wrote: Would even 1% of users be engaged enough to study SleepyHead graphs?

Everyone I've ever met face-to-face who uses a CPAP machine can't be bothered to check their data.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree. If engagement is improving patient results, then I'm all for it. It's not giving any more info, really, to the patient than looking on the machine, but if they are seeing more patients meeting compliance, then that works.

I'm diabetic and while there is an increasing number of folks who are engaged in their care, the majority of T2 folks don't even use their test strips regularly. At my last class for T2, out of 20 people, only 3 took a glucose meter reading at least daily. Most only did it a couple of times a week and then ONLY in the morning. Egads!!
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-26-2017, 05:22 AM)SnoringInOregon Wrote: It's all good, except that both the MDs and the reps probably hate users taking such control over our machines. Fortunately for them we're probably a tiny minority. Would even 1% of users be engaged enough to study SleepyHead graphs?

I disagree that MDs (no idea about reps) hate users who take control over their care.  Many docs don't have control issues - they want to know HOW you are doing it and sometimes actually pass your info on to another patient.  Even though I no longer go to my sleep center, they were well aware (and approved of) Sleepyhead.  Even the DME I currently go to was aware of it. He said if I or bro have a lot of unexplained leaks to bring in the machine. Sometimes leaky seals are actually the cause. BUT, they actually repair on site so perhaps know more than the average DME.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hypopnea - Resmed scoring Opus1 22 1,166 12-03-2023, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Opus1
  3% vs 4% Hypopnea Scoring gohoos1998 7 1,106 10-08-2023, 06:06 PM
Last Post: gohoos1998
Question Resmed Myair wrong region bobdobbs 3 625 10-05-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  My best streak so far on MyAir App scores DaveInDenver 1 460 09-13-2023, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  AirSense 11 and MyAir App - Poor Experience necochino 29 4,591 08-24-2023, 05:42 PM
Last Post: krsattler
  Took 6 months but finally got 100 on myAir app. Any way to improve my treatment? 1978 0 485 08-22-2023, 08:06 PM
Last Post: 1978
  new resmed user - question about Myair and airview wooders 4 1,087 08-20-2023, 12:40 PM
Last Post: krsattler

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.