Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My expericence returning to treatment after years without
RE: My expericence returning to treatment after years without
Links to graphs for last week below. Please note I adjusted the minimum pressure for the most recent night to 8.5 (from 6). It seems to have improved the result in the sense that the past pattern would have suggested an ahi around the 12 or 13 for this night. Observationa appreciated.

[Image: ogC6Dzy.png]

[Image: Q6GPWIa.png]

[Image: t9vXhJA.png]

[Image: P62kiyX.png]

[Image: g55Qkho.png]

[Image: X84gRJf.png]

[Image: RmgIoda.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-03-2017, 05:25 PM)Darryl44 Wrote: The lessons I think are applicable are:

1. Don't rely on suppliers to be well informed even in relation to their own products.
2. Don't give up on Medical Practitioners.
3. Do your own research into problems. Keep an eye on new products.
4. Use forums like this to benefit from the experience of others (and also allow others to benefit from your experience). I suspect had I posted about my problems on a Board like this at the beginning, I may well have received far more useful advice than I did from suppliers

Here here!
Thumbs-up-2
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Nice steady progress. The format of charts we usually look at are shown in the Organize link in my signature. The daily reports show you moving in the right direction and making good decisions. The summary statistics and other information in the daily detal graphs have some use for our analysis by showing average of median pressure, 90-95% and maximum, as well as a lot of respiratory detail.

I think it is worth noting that your increase of 2.5 cm to your minimum pressure, avoided as much as 4 cm at the top end of what the auto used to control AHI. I think as you narrow this band, you will find a more stable pressure with higher minimum and lower maximum is much more restful and effective. i think you're heading for a minimum pressure of 9-10 to accomplish that. Best of luck in your efforts.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-03-2017, 09:05 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Nice steady progress. The format of charts we usually look at are shown in the Organize link in my signature. The daily reports show you moving in the right direction and making good decisions. The summary statistics and other information in the daily detal graphs have some use for our analysis by showing average of median pressure, 90-95% and maximum, as well as a lot of respiratory detail.

I think it is worth noting that your increase of 2.5 cm to your minimum pressure, avoided as much as 4 cm at the top end of what the auto used to control AHI. I think as you narrow this band, you will find a more stable pressure with higher minimum and lower maximum is much more restful and effective. i think you're heading for a minimum pressure of 9-10 to accomplish that. Best of luck in your efforts.

Thanks Sleeprider. Your advice is much appreciated. My apologies for the format posted. I produced this data by using the print report option from Sleepyhead and priting to pdf. I chose to avoid taking screenshots as my screen is customised to accomodate my eyesight. I have difficulty with small print on the screen and use quite large fonts which would make such screen shots problematic. Please let me know if this presents a real problem.

I might try an increase in minimum pressue to 9 and then by .5 increments as needed.

Once again thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just a quick update. Last night I finally got my AHI below 5 (4.81), which Sleepyhead calls technically treated. This was with a pressure range of 10 to 15. One night of course doesn't mean much but at least I do seem to be heading in the right direction.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-09-2017, 04:20 AM)Darryl44 Wrote: J I do seem to be heading in the right direction.

Keep up the good job. You can be the best person to help yourself.

Please keep us informed on how you are doing. As you help yourself and tell us we get our rewards and learn from you. Thanks

Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
I would not get to concerned that Sleepyhead evaluates your treatment as technically treated, you have made very good progress, and as you know, we are more concerned with a trend. Things are continuing to move in the right direction, and it would be good to see an update on the charts and settings. What kind of exhale pressure relief are you using?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've posted some screenshots below. I'm very happy with how things are going but there is obviously room for some improvement and hopefully a bit more stability. My AHI has now been under 5 on a number of occasions and now does not seem to go too much higher.

Any observations and suggestions welcome.

[Image: 7pFW56j.png]

[Image: koL4VeE.png]

[Image: tW6p2An.png]

[Image: eLTiKcA.png]

[Image: 0hdjvd1.png]

[Image: JfeLxo8.png]

[Image: MSELCKT.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
And last night. Highest for a while.

[Image: Kov7rd8.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
The first link in my signature shows how we would prefer you to organize those screenshots. The problems with what you posted is we can't see the pressure correlation to events....actually, you need to show the flags for FL, OA, CA, H and snores. Your events only show flow limits. My guess is your minimum pressure needs to be increased incrementally until your AHI is in the range that makes you comfortable. Your pressure is not stopping the events, and by the time the flow limits increase pressure, you have had events, and the pressure rapidly drops back. For some reason, no statistics for your average, 90-95% pressure is showing up in the left column. I don't know if that is specific to your F&P Icon, or if you should just reset the default statistic display.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Gross [Treatment] Successful Treatment... Still Significant Struggle TiredTim 0 58 03-27-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: TiredTim
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 120 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 212 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Are these centrals likely to be treatment induced? thesingingchef 2 123 03-21-2024, 12:36 AM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  New to CPAP - Could Use Some Help For Treatment chrotteg 8 284 03-10-2024, 05:51 PM
Last Post: chrotteg
  25 years of cpap, and still not working good Johan van der veen 2 183 03-08-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Johan van der veen
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 1,020 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.