Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Thanks for this forum
Thanks for this forum
This forum is awesome and the people on this list are so helpful.

I had an issue where one of my machines was not working due to broken power plug and the device manufacturer was charging me $400 to just remove 1 broken pin.
After trying various options, I mentioned on this forum and one person sent me a private message that he would repair the machine for free. I was really surprised and went ahead and shipped the machine to him. I just received the machine back and its working absolutely fine.

Thank you so much. It just goes to show what a great community you all have created. Kudos!

Now I just need support to keep with the program despite more than 5-6 false starts - starting and giving up after a few months.Sad
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Thanks for this forum
To me, this is a perfect opportunity to say that I have received so much valuable information from this forum. I was winging it on my own for at least 2 years b/c of inadequate help from my former doc and former DMEs. Had I not found this forum, I wouldn't have learned what I did and in the course of this, knew when I was not receiving adequate and accurate help.

So, I want to take a minute to remind us that this forum is 100% volunteer based and relies on donations to help with the expenses that go along with keeping the educational forum running. So, if any of us can afford to donate, even if it is $1, please consider it. Every time we go to the sleep doc, DME, etc., it costs, and I can betcha, with the exception of a few very fortunate members, the cost, over and above time and petro, is more than a few dollars and a lot of times, the information we get is not accurate or they don't take the time to really listen and help.

DISCLAIMER: I have posted this by my choice because I am very greatful for the help I have gotten from this forum. NO moderators or admin asked me to post this.

Post Reply Post Reply
You'll be fine Roym. Sometimes "delays" happen such as your machine broke. But that's not giving up. You may have to restart a few times before you succeed but in the end all that matters is the result. Keep on keeping on. As you already know, there are bunches of people around here to help you through any more of those little "delays" should they pop up.
Post Reply Post Reply

Now I just need support to keep with the program despite more than 5-6 false starts - starting and giving up after a few months.Sad

We're Here for Ya Buddy , Almost any question or problem can be answered by someone on here . There are People from every walk of life on here , every Trade and Profession . Most of us on here are driven to help each other if we can . As you have learned first hand . Apnea board and it's Members are Total Awesome ! Grouphug3

jim I-love-CPAP
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi roym,
I know you have had a rough time of things with CPAP therapy, but I encourage you to keep on trying and if you have any questions, just ask.
You are right this is a GREAT forum.!
Best of luck and don't give up.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks everyone for all the help.

Keep at it fellow. We'll help.
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-15-2014, 12:52 AM)me50 Wrote: To me, this is a perfect opportunity to say that I have received so much valuable information from this forum. I was winging it on my own for at least 2 years b/c of inadequate help from my former doc and former DMEs. Had I not found this forum, I wouldn't have learned what I did and in the course of this, knew when I was not receiving adequate and accurate help.

So, I want to take a minute to remind us that this forum is 100% volunteer based and relies on donations to help with the expenses that go along with keeping the educational forum running. So, if any of us can afford to donate, even if it is $1, please consider it. Every time we go to the sleep doc, DME, etc., it costs, and I can betcha, with the exception of a few very fortunate members, the cost, over and above time and petro, is more than a few dollars and a lot of times, the information we get is not accurate or they don't take the time to really listen and help.

DISCLAIMER: I have posted this by my choice because I am very greatful for the help I have gotten from this forum. NO moderators or admin asked me to post this.

Everything that me50 said and then some including the disclaimer. I too went for a number of years with little help and some misinformation before I found this board. This board is awesome!

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Keep at it roym. I do not think that it will take you as long to get acclimated as it did me because I did not know of this board until about 3 years later. Do not give up on it. The benefits are well worth the effort. It took me 6 months before I was able to sleep through the night and wake up more refreshed. I am also not tired during the day anymore. Before I was diagnosed, I commuted 30 miles each way in heavy Los Angeles area traffic. Most nights on my way home I had to work very hard to stay awake all the way home. Not a good situation. I ended up having an attack of atrial fibrillation which my cardiologist found was due to sleep apnea. That is some powerful incentive to make the treatment work.

In retrospect, I believe that I may have had some degree of sleep apnea for 40 years or so. Any hang in there. It is definitely worth the effort.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-15-2014, 12:52 AM)me50 Wrote: To me, this is a perfect opportunity to say that I have received so much valuable information from this forum. I was winging it on my own for at least 2 years b/c of inadequate help from my former doc and former DMEs. Had I not found this forum, I wouldn't have learned what I did and in the course of this, knew when I was not receiving adequate and accurate help.

OK ME50, you convinced me. I'll go do that now......

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Flow LIMIT data missing tried to search forum Plmnb 16 268 03-10-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  QQ: Looong time BiPAP user, new to ResMed/This forum haemaker 1 187 02-26-2024, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to the Forum Dial222 8 676 12-21-2023, 08:19 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Importing Oximetry Data and A Big Thanks To The Forum S. Manz 22 2,583 09-12-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: GordK
  [Admin Note] Forum Rules addition - Artificial Intelligence (AI) SuperSleeper 5 1,740 06-13-2023, 04:28 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Thank to the forum search and all those you went before. CPAP machine. quiescence at last 1 498 04-13-2023, 11:51 PM
Last Post: SideSleeper
Arrow [Admin Note] MASTER DIRECTORY of Apnea Board forum resources SuperSleeper 0 7,700 11-04-2022, 12:58 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.