Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My experiences with Fisher & Paykel ESON2 Nose Mask
RE: My experiences with Fisher & Paykel ESON2 Nose Mask
(02-03-2020, 01:22 AM)braindead Wrote: Hi Chill - I see you have a walk-in closet for your Cpap gear. How do you decide which is the one you're going to sleep with?

I am getting better.   Grin  I gave away my box of full-face masks last year.    I now only have one machine (backup died a while back), and there masks (Eson 2, nasal pillows - P10?), and the Simplus for full face).  It has been well over a year since I used anything other than the Eson.  But I do have a dresser devoted to CPAP things.  Yes, I ought to have a garage sale.
Post Reply Post Reply
I decided to go back to the old fashioned Eson a few nights ago as I am disillusioned with the "new and improved" Eson2. Fashion over function I reckon. The boring Eson was instantly more comfortable and I sleep better with it. But that is just me and others may actually like a supposedly improved version that does not last as long. Not me. Annoyed-and-disappointed

JamesW
Post Reply Post Reply
Sad to see. Some of the main improvements in the eson 2 are supposed to be related to longevity: the washable diffuser and less aggressive/destructive velcro.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-12-2020, 01:06 AM)farnsy Wrote: Sad to see. Some of the main improvements in the eson 2 are supposed to be related to longevity: the washable diffuser and less aggressive/destructive velcro.

The washable diffuser is more costly than purchasing the throw away items used on the original Eson, as washing it causes it to get thin and then it becomes noisy. The Eson "new and improved" headgear stretches quickly when washed regularly and this leads to leaks. The Eson2 nose piece is less comfortable, for me  anyway. It seems to sit very close to my nose and rubs on the tip during the night, so I get a worse nights sleep.  The old fashioned Eson has none of these issues for me. Like I posted previously the newer model is fashion and sales blurb over function. Does anyone need blue highlights to help you fit the parts together?
Post Reply Post Reply
New Cpap / Apneaboard forum user here.

63 days using my cpap machine and I just broke my Eson2 as described in the beginning of this thread.  I had even read this thread just as I was starting my therapy, and was doing my best not to overtighten the headgear and put pressure on the acrylic frame. Oh well. It is not a very good design.

At least I talked my DM out of a replacement frame.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-18-2020, 10:15 PM)videomagician Wrote: New Cpap / Apneaboard forum user here.

63 days using my cpap machine and I just broke my Eson2 as described in the beginning of this thread.  I had even read this thread just as I was starting my therapy, and was doing my best not to overtighten the headgear and put pressure on the acrylic frame. Oh well. It is not a very good design.

At least I talked my DM out of a replacement frame.

If you like the design and fit of an Eson2 try the original Eson as it is sturdier. I actually use a small headgear and a medium nasal piece. Since I swapped back a week or so ago I have been much more comfortable at night with a corresponding good leak rate and AHI.
Post Reply Post Reply
Same problem here.
It’s my 3 rd Eson  2. And the retainers keep breaking off.
Wrote to the company and didn’t even get a reply.
You would think for the price they sell these masks they would at least reply.
These frames must cost pennies to make and they are obviously poorly designed.
I would buy another frame but the part is not available.
I have had a Cpap for over 20 years and never had a mask frame break so easily after only a few months.
Also I had to tape the connecting part to stop the tube from slipping off in the night.
That is also a problem with this model.
I think I will go back to the original or maybe change brands.
Don’t buy it.  
Trust me
Post Reply Post Reply
I have just had my second one break at the exact same location. Luckily when mine broke the first time (both clips) my local supplier replaced it a couple months outside of warranty, citing faulty batch. My Second one just broke (this time only one clip), taking it back on Monday since its still within my warranty period, hopefully they replace it again.

Ill have to buy a different brand soon because my supplier isn't close by and its extremely inconvenient to have to drive to replace it each time but i cant see myself paying for a new mask while i can get it replaced without expense (except fuel and a couple of nights bad sleep).

Really don't understand why they don't fix the issue since its such a basic fix to implement on future products.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-28-2020, 09:24 PM)Reg63655 Wrote: Same problem here.
It’s my 3 rd Eson  2. And the retainers keep breaking off.
Wrote to the company and didn’t even get a reply.
You would think for the price they sell these masks they would at least reply.
These frames must cost pennies to make and they are obviously poorly designed.
I would buy another frame but the part is not available.
I have had a Cpap for over 20 years and never had a mask frame break so easily after only a few months.
Also I had to tape the connecting part to stop the tube from slipping off in the night.
That is also a problem with this model.
I think I will go back to the original or maybe change brands.
Don’t buy it.  
Trust me

My local supplier does not sell the frame separately at all. 

I have not had the tube slipping off problem at all. In fact when i've wanted to disconnect the connecting part, its always felt rather difficult.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi All

Same problem and also notified the Company with no reply.  Funny how the only part that is susceptible to breakage is the only part NOT sold separately...hmmmm
[Image: attachment.php?aid=23834]

Anyway..

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,812 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Fisher and Paykel Solo Columbiabill 29 3,927 03-15-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: Vako
  Any experiences with BMC M1 Mini travel Auto CP?AP DrJelly 4 675 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: DrJelly
  Staph Infection in Nose: Phaleronic 5 196 03-13-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  nasal decongestants helpful with stuffy nose? sleepingbetterinFl 1 152 03-12-2024, 12:23 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,978 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Nasal massage and exercises to help nose breathing sleepingbetterinFl 1 172 03-06-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.