Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My father passed away and I don't want to so I am using BiLevel Aircurve 10 VAuto
RE: My father passed away and I don't want to so I am using BiLevel Aircurve 10 VAuto
RLMMG, your results at EPAP min 8.0 max 20, PS 4 were very good. Your Median EPAP pressure was just over 9.0, so you are getting pretty close. Good news is non-existent CA events and low hypopnea. With an obstructive index of 1 per hour you can certainly just stay at these settings or add one to your EPAP min to 9.0. I think you are very close to optimization at this point and the new settings have reduced events by more than 50%. Well done! This should work well for you.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: My father passed away and I don't want to so I am using BiLevel Aircurve 10 VAuto

Hopefully this works. Sometimes I am a little slow at learning this but this should be a snap shot. The helpful links were great
Post Reply Post Reply
First I want to say sorry for your loss. I lost mine 2 years ago. I’ll let the experts handle your settings but I will say a lot of that may be what’s called sleep wake junk because your sleep is very fragmented. It’s also a very short period of time. A little over 3 hours won’t give you a good idea of where you are especially being so fragmented.
Download OSCAR <——— Click
Post Reply Post Reply
You have a very high (healthy) minute vent. That is the amount of air your respire in each minute in Litres per minute and is a function of respiration rate and tidal volume. We would see more statistics on respiration without the pie chart, but this shows us the distribution of your apnea events and variation of pressure. I think in future charts we won't need Mask Pressure, and I would rather see Flow Limitation. Overall looks very good. Events seem to cluster together a bit which is usually a positional issue of tucking your chin, It is not severe enough to bother with, but if you're curious you can read the soft cervical collar wiki in my signature links.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

[attachment=18254 Wrote:Sleeprider pid='324995' dateline='1576863553']     I truly want to Thank You Again for all your input. Anything that you want me to do I am more than happy to post. Hopefully this is helpful as I took pic of all charts. 

Again Thank You and Thank everyone here for their support and caring. I also appreciate all the condolsenses for my fathers passing. I so wish he took his sleep apnea serious as I believe that he would still be here and would not of passed away in his sleep. So it is so important to take control.

I really appreciate you helping me with the correct settings. Also I have been trying without the humidifier but last night I tried it and my mouth was still dry. 

You have a very high (healthy) minute vent. That is the amount of air your respire in each minute in Litres per minute and is a function of respiration rate and tidal volume.  We would see more statistics on respiration without the pie chart, but this shows us the distribution of your apnea events and variation of pressure. I think in future charts we won't need Mask Pressure, and I would rather see Flow Limitation.  Overall looks very good. Events seem to cluster together a bit which is usually a positional issue of tucking your chin, It is not severe enough to bother with, but if you're curious you can read the soft cervical collar wiki in my signature links.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
You have no CAs and very little leakage but still some OAs, hypopneas and FL. Based off that, I would increase Min EPAP and PS. However, I suggest waiting for someone more experienced to reply.
Nothing I post is medical advice and should not be taken as such, always consult a medical professional for guidance.
Post Reply Post Reply

I really feel that it is working but I keep feeling tired when I wake up. There is a lot of time wasted with the machine on and I am awake waiting to fall asleep. I been taking some naps for usually less than an hour because I am so tired. I do us the aircurve bi level during naps as I am still trying to get used to it
Post Reply Post Reply
RLMMG, please re-read the link on organizing your OSCAR Chart. We need Events, Flow Rate, Pressure, Flow Limits and Leaks. None of the charts you posted are helpful in coaching your therapy. The statistics tell me you have a great deal of flow limitation which is leading to higher pressure and hypopnea events. I think the range of 9 to 20 is appropriate, but we may want to add to pressure support. Again, the chart is unhelpful and let's take another try at this before making changes.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Thank You here is everything and I arranged the charts to reflect this. If there is anything else please let me know as your input is more appreciated than you know
Post Reply Post Reply
I mentioned before that your events tend to arise in clusters suggesting chin-tucking or positional apnea. In the most recent chart all hypopnea events occur over a 15 minute period in three small clusters, and all pressure increases are related to short periods of strong flow limitation.

Read the Positional Apnea section of Optimizing Therapy Wiki and the Soft Cervical Collar wiki. Both links are in my signature. If you have questions whether that might apply to you, we can discuss. Overall your therapy is going very well and other than these brief periods when the events occur, it appears to be good quality sleep and therapy. I'd like to look for reasons why you occasionally get out of a good airway alignment and deal with that. If you want to understand what flow limitation means, take a zoomed in look at your respiration flow rate chart where you can see the shape of the wave, and take a look at the difference from 4:45 to 5:30. You will see your flow goes from flattened irregular inspiratory breaths to smooth rounded and restful waves of normal flow. This is the impact of chin-tucking and the relief when you shift position and breathe normally.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 298 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 851 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,959 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 554 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Catathrenia +/- UARS: Bilevel or ASV or other? empiricismandstatistics 0 79 03-21-2024, 04:37 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 198 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Sucking in on bilevel ahuman 9 174 03-19-2024, 09:00 AM
Last Post: ahuman

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.