Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My first charts - comments welcome
My first charts - comments welcome
Hi All:
I've just joined this board and wonder if some of you would be able to take a look at them and possibly comment. I have had apnea for ~20 years, but just started CPAP therapy this month.  I have a Redmed Airsense 10 and a O2 ring oximeter.  I suppose I have the following questions or observations

1. The oximetery trace starts a couple of hours before the cpap trace (i fell asleep before putting the mask on)
  2. There is a cluster of O2 events starting at 2:36 AM right after if put on the mask
  3. I wonder what triggers this pattern right after putting the mask on? I was still falling asleep and oddly woke seconds before my oximeter buzzed the alarm for these events. This leads me to think the act of falling asleep has something to do with them. Each time I awoke, I was aware that I was not breathing which has never really happened before. 
  4. Also noticed that these initial events are not marked as CA, but do they look like CA events? Why are they not marked. 
  5. If my basic issue is Central Apnea, is the CPAP maybe not the right machine, of do  just need a good O2 alarm? 
  6. I also tried to hyperventilate, which you can see in the pressure trace, but it seems to  only have enhanced the following  events. 
And here is the oximetry:

Last night 
[attachment=14567]

Zoom1
[attachment=14566] 

Zoom2 
[attachment=14565]

And here is the zoom to the events of after 2:36AM

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: My first charts - comments welcome
RAre you able to repost a couple of those graphs?  We need to see the left side bar with all the stats along with the graphs.  

Organize the chart according to the instructions in the link below in my signature line.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 101 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 1 106 03-19-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Help Interpreting Oscar Charts - Huge Clusters of OA Heaviside 3 376 02-22-2024, 09:58 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] New with CPAP Request Assist with OSCAR Charts YankeeLaker 18 1,121 01-30-2024, 07:56 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [CPAP] Some Oscar Charts from me Dataporter 3 259 01-28-2024, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Looking for advice on my charts tiredguy1 10 679 01-26-2024, 12:34 PM
Last Post: tiredguy1
  Help reading Oscar Charts Wisurid 3 385 12-25-2023, 05:26 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.