Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My first days of trying
RE: My first days of trying
Just don't quit, keep working at extending usage a half hour to an hour at a time. Wear it while in your easy chair watching TV, radio listening, or reading. This way you're getting used to it.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
so, i kept trying and i updated my settings too... now its comfortable.

[Image: 32ojlhv2.jpg]

but i suddenly worried about the increased respiration rate, is this normal?

[Image: 9zcjhmof.jpg]

this was my first day of trying.

[Image: tqob7ym4.jpg]

today, i noticed that my insulin resistance is much more down and i require much lesser insulin as type 1 diabetes, now i get into undersugar so often... so i had adjust my dose or completely pause insulin injections.
Post Reply Post Reply
There's some good information about respiration rates here:

https://www.sleepfoundation.org/sleep-ap...atory-rate

Two take-aways: RR often goes up during REM sleep, and your overall RR is in a normal range.

About apnea and diabetes, here's some information from another trusted web site:

https://health.clevelandclinic.org/sleep...d-to-know/

It may well be that over time you'll find it easier to manage your diabetes as you continue to treat your apnea.

For you, the main focus should be getting to the point where you can use the mask/machine for your entire sleep period. I firmly believe you'll get there!
Post Reply Post Reply
yes, thank you, but the difficulty thing that i am insulin dependent, so its a type 1 and I have some insulin resistance like type 2 at same time too.. so i need time to figure out...

i noticed, maybe i go suddenly in honey moon phase and dont need the insulin.

Lot of adjustments.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your resp rate is actually lower overall in the latest screenshot, from what I can see, but yes, it's normal to have some increase during REM sleep, as has been said. Apnea totally messes with your metabolism, slowing it down because your body is trying to maximise the use of the lower oxygen levels, and that causes all kinds of issues like extra weight gain, sluggishness etc.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-03-2022, 04:48 AM)Ratchick Wrote: Your resp rate is actually lower overall in the latest screenshot, from what I can see, but yes, it's normal to have some increase during REM sleep, as has been said. Apnea totally messes with your metabolism, slowing it down because your body is trying to maximise the use of the lower oxygen levels, and that causes all kinds of issues like extra weight gain, sluggishness etc.

Now thats perfect example... i understood.

No wonder that i got "brain fog" since 7 years ago... im still fighting with CPAP... i mostly get 3 hours daily with mask of it, then i take it off and forgot about it.

My brain/vision behaves like its on alcohol, i write words often wrongly, slurry thinking and bad memory, hard to memorize and hard to remember past events... and it feels like, that my brain is like on Dementia. Also i hear so bad, im deaf, but i have cochlear implant. Somewhere 12 years ago, my hearing got decreased overnight and the sleep apnea progressed, that was my first sign... but then 4 years later... then the entire brain affected.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hopefully if you can build up time so you're spending all your sleeping with it on, that will help. The brain fog is the worst, it's so frustrating.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] New User; Fine Tuning- First 3 Days of Data jgthegrouch 9 422 01-16-2024, 02:25 PM
Last Post: jgthegrouch
  Abdominal pain from open mouth. 4 days Neo2020 1 343 01-03-2024, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Bad O2 days with APAP? ikwtif 23 1,729 11-21-2023, 04:38 PM
Last Post: BeautifulDay
  [Treatment] Three days using Soft Cervical Collar, AHI 6.73, 4.81, 22.28; makes sense? Aldiorg 9 906 11-15-2023, 12:47 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Airsense 11 doesn't write SD data on some days only chipschap 7 674 10-07-2023, 04:14 PM
Last Post: chipschap
  Persistent micro arousals? first few days on ResMed after switch from Philips. manders513 9 1,096 05-18-2023, 01:22 PM
Last Post: manders513
Wink [CPAP] SD CARD NOT SHOWING RECENT 12 DAYS * SOLVED * Samultra 1 502 05-12-2023, 10:18 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.