Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My first night.
My first night.
Hi guys so last night was my first night with my Airsense 10 and my first night with pap therapy in general. Unfortunately I didn't have time to grab the sleepyhead data before I left for work this morning but the myair report showed an ahi of 1.6 for last night. 

I will post sleepyhead data later today when I get home. 

Tht being said I had the climate settings to auto and when I woke up the mask had some water droplets in it that I felt on my nose when I took it off and the short hose for the mask had condensation in it as well but the heated hose was dry as could be. We do sleep with our window cracked most nights to let in cool air and that window is right by my side of the bed so not sure if that affected it. I also noticed that my humidifier reservoir was still just above the bottom line and I filled to just a hair below the max line. So I don't think it was that humid to cause the condensation in the mask and short hose from the mask. 

Besides that I woke up feeling great and more rested than usual.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: My first night.
A colder room will lead to some condensation on unprotected surfaces. I use a fleece cover pulled over the small tube, and have never had problems. You can use the regular hose covers, or Supplier #31 makes on specifically for the short hose on the P10. Sounds like a successful night.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-11-2017, 10:45 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: A colder room will lead to some condensation on unprotected surfaces.  I use a fleece cover pulled over the small tube, and have never had problems.  You can use the regular hose covers, or Supplier #31 makes on specifically for the short hose on the P10.  Sounds like a successful night.

Would that same hose cover work for the Swift FX?

Nevermind I see that it works with both.
Post Reply Post Reply
Definitely condensation from the humidity near you caused by the open window. You will need to cover the short hose as suggested above. If that fails search the forum for "rainout" and you will find all of the solutions and keys to taming this. Welcome to the forum and am glad you are already feeling better. OSA treatment is not fun but it is a life saver.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is the sleepyhead data from my first night. 

[Image: teG4CsPl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
That looks pretty darn good for a first night! To eliminate the few remain obstructive apneas, I would raise the minimum pressure by 1 cm H20 and leave everything else as is.
Post Reply Post Reply
Increasing minimum pressure will definitely smooth out that chart and reduce events. Good first results.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the suggestions I will raise it for tonight. Here is last nights data. The OA's got better but the CA's got a bit worse. I am guessing the reason I am getting such good results is that my sleep apnea was mild at 9.6 events per hour on my sleep test. I still have the climate setting to auto so it is automatically controlling the humidifier and heated tube and by the looks of the sleepyhead data the humidifier is on 4 which seems to work ok but I do have a lot of condensation in the small tube. I am wondering if maybe I should decrease the humidifier a bit and see if that helps? I did order a tube cover for it so that might solve all the issues without having to take the machine off of auto.

[Image: d7B2Kg6l.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
So I raised the minimum to 7 last night and idk if that's why everything got worse or if it is something else. It looks like there was a cluster of OA's at the beginning of the night.

[Image: 4HPYfIA.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
I wouldn't worry about it. It looks like you were tossing about for the first half hour and that's where most of your events showed up. Toss that half hour out and you were averaging about 1 API.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First night with hose cover, night was full of major mask leaks TiredTom111 2 850 06-30-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: TiredTom111
  Hello folks, here is my graph from last night and night before Phil487 5 898 06-15-2023, 02:05 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Great Night into Terrible Night dcsleep 1 1,110 12-15-2020, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Pressure] AHI varies from night to night KKBW 6 1,341 07-31-2020, 10:29 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  New to CPAP - First Night Great, Second Night not so much oasised 22 3,235 07-24-2020, 10:26 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Here is my data from 3rd night and Friday night slingshot383 16 2,252 05-25-2020, 05:35 AM
Last Post: slingshot383
Question One night AHI 0, next night leaks and high AHI. MyronH 7 2,202 09-29-2018, 09:29 AM
Last Post: MyronH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.