Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My first night.
RE: My first night.
the point is, that setting the heat higher on the heated hose will help keep condensation out of the short hose too - if the ambient humidity is high, that is the same as far as condensation in the hose is concerned. A cold room also contributes to rainout.
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm wondering if increasing the pressure was the right thing to do because it only seems things have gotten worse since doing that. My CA's have gone up quite a bit which I'm not sure what could be causing that. Either that or I just had a very lucky first night?

Here is last nights data.

[Image: 2uFz4vCl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Leave the pressures where they are and wait a few days. You can't tell by one night's data.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
The change in AHI and events and for that matter, your pressure is not very great.
11/10: Pressure 6-15, AHI 2.03, OAI 1.49, median pressure 7.94, 95% pressure 9.0
11/11: Pressure 6-15, AHI 1.33, OAI 0.73, median pressure 7.98, 95% pressure 8.9
11/12: Pressure 7-15, AHI 3.02, OAI 1.90, median pressure 8.05, 95% pressure 11.96 (all events clustered beginning of night)
11/13: Pressure 7-15, AHI 2.72, OAI 1.31, median pressure 8.32, 95% pressure 10.32

Your median pressure has varied by about 0.4 cm, but 95% pressure has varied by almost 3.0 cm. In the two most recent nights, you have had a cluster of OA at the beginning of the night that increased pressure, otherwise, all nights are nearly the same. A surprising change was the much more rapid increase of pressure within the first half-hour, accompanied by several obstructive events. CA events have been inconsequential through the 4 days. Based on median pressure, your current minimum pressure of 7 is less than the median and should not be adversely impacting events.

This therapy is all about what feels best, and works best for you. If you feel more at-ease with 6-15 pressure then that is what you should use. I think you can see it makes nearly no difference in the median pressure you experience through the night, and I think events will vary, especially in your first week of use. You're doing fine. do what makes you comfortable, and give things time to settle in. None of these results are a significant problem, especially since most of the night is very calm and event-free.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-14-2017, 10:34 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: The change in AHI and events and for that matter, your pressure is not very great.  
11/10: Pressure 6-15, AHI 2.03, OAI 1.49, median pressure 7.94, 95% pressure 9.0
11/11: Pressure 6-15, AHI 1.33, OAI 0.73, median pressure 7.98, 95% pressure 8.9
11/12: Pressure 7-15, AHI 3.02, OAI 1.90, median pressure 8.05, 95% pressure 11.96 (all events clustered beginning of night)
11/13: Pressure 7-15, AHI 2.72, OAI 1.31, median pressure 8.32, 95% pressure 10.32

Your median pressure has varied by about 0.4 cm, but 95% pressure has varied by almost 3.0 cm.  In the two most recent nights, you have had a cluster of OA at the beginning of the night that increased pressure, otherwise, all nights are nearly the same.  A surprising change was the much more rapid increase of pressure within the first half-hour, accompanied by several obstructive events.  CA events have been inconsequential through the 4 days.   Based on median pressure, your current minimum pressure of 7 is less than the median and should not be adversely impacting events.  

This therapy is all about what feels best, and works best for you.  If you feel more at-ease with 6-15 pressure then that is what you should use.  I think you can see it makes nearly no difference in the median pressure you experience through the night, and I think events will vary, especially in your first week of use.   You're doing fine.  do what makes you comfortable, and give things time to settle in.  None of these results are a significant problem, especially since most of the night is very calm and event-free.

Thank you for the response. I guess I am just getting too worried about it. I will keep doing what I am doing and see how it works out. 

I have to say I put the climate control on manual last night and set the heated tube to 75 degrees and the humidity to 3 and while I still had some condensation in the nasal pillows and mask there was very little in the short hose this morning. So I think I am getting that narrowed down better.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First night with hose cover, night was full of major mask leaks TiredTom111 2 849 06-30-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: TiredTom111
  Hello folks, here is my graph from last night and night before Phil487 5 897 06-15-2023, 02:05 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Great Night into Terrible Night dcsleep 1 1,109 12-15-2020, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Pressure] AHI varies from night to night KKBW 6 1,340 07-31-2020, 10:29 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  New to CPAP - First Night Great, Second Night not so much oasised 22 3,233 07-24-2020, 10:26 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Here is my data from 3rd night and Friday night slingshot383 16 2,252 05-25-2020, 05:35 AM
Last Post: slingshot383
Question One night AHI 0, next night leaks and high AHI. MyronH 7 2,201 09-29-2018, 09:29 AM
Last Post: MyronH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.