Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My first week on APAP
My first week on APAP
Hi,

Thank you for this great website. I'm new to APAP traitment and i have my first data. If you can tell me what do you guys think and what should i change , i would be grateful.
Everything has been great so far with the machine but sometime i still wake up to the sound of my snoring but its not loud. I was snoring very loudly before the traitment, is the snoring normal ?

Thank you !

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: My first week on APAP
Hi and Welcome to Apnea Board!

You are already using the highest EPR setting to help with Flow Limitation and Hypopnea.  

You will, however need to use a little higher minimum pressure to help resolve the Obstructives and snoring.

Increase the minimum pressure from 8cm to 10cm.  If that's too much of a jump for you, try 9cm for a day or two, observe how you feel and if it makes a difference with snoring and Obstructives. If you need another increase, move slowly to 9.5cm.then 10cm if needed.
Keep your EPR setting at 3.

There are a couple areas of concern that might be related to what we call positional apnea or "chin tucking."  Look at the event graph around 2:40 and 6:40.  You can see a couple Obstructives clumped together.  This isn't bad at all, but something to be aware of. This happens when your head/neck is not aligned properly and is tucking into your chest.  This cuts off your air supply.  It can also be caused by using a pillow that is too high and pushes your head forward.  A thinner pillow works much better.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: My first week on APAP
Thank you very much for taking the time to answer me.

i appreciate and i will consider your tips.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 102 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 86 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 362 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  [Health] RESMED APAP tuning sleeper2460 10 555 03-18-2024, 08:43 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460
  APAP optimization assistance jayed53 9 426 03-14-2024, 03:13 PM
Last Post: jayed53
  srwilsn3's therapy thread | APAP -> BiPAP srwilsn3 34 1,410 03-14-2024, 02:23 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Help optimizing APAP SomeUser 8 1,147 03-12-2024, 03:51 AM
Last Post: SomeUser

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.