Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My humidifer light is flashing and is not heating Can someone please help me
My humidifer light is flashing and is not heating Can someone please help me
I am new to this forum (I just finished registering a few minutes ago). I am so happy to have stumbled upon you as I was searching for help with my Philips REMstar Auto A-Flex with a system one humidifier. I have been using my C-PAP for just over a year now. It has been working fine, until tonight...I can't seem to get the humidifier to work. I cleaned and refilled the water chamber before going to bed. I have a nasty cough and my machine shut off on its own while I was coughing (for an extended time). Once I turned it back on the humidifier icon started to flash and the unit is not heating. I am needing to get some sleep, so I will detach my humidifier for the rest of the evening and check back in tomorrow and over the next few days to look for suggestions.

Bigwink Have a great night/day!

Khale7574
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: My humidifer light is flashing and is not heating Can someone please help me
Perhaps the act of disconnecting the humidifier and reseating it will take care of the problem.
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: My humidifer light is flashing and is not heating Can someone please help me
Shastzi could be right. Sometimes we just need to disconnect and reseat the humidifier. I'm sorry, but I can't think of anything else. Do you have the instructions that came with the humidifier? This would be a good time to review the instructions- your problem is probably under "troubleshooting" in the manual.
Good luck. Please let us know when you find out what the problem is so we can help the next person with this problem.
Mary
Welcome to the forum.

A quick google came up with the same thing. Check that the water chamber is seated properly, that the humidifier is correctly attached to the CPAP, and that all electrical connections are good. If this doesn't fix it, call the DME. If you don't have the manual, just google it- that's what I did.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi khale7574 and WELCOME! to the forum.!
What everyone has said so far.
Best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Shatiz, Simlich, and trish6hundred,
Thank you each for your reply to my humidifier troubles. I failed to mention that I had already tried to unplug the machine from the outlet, the cord from the machine, and detaching and re-attaching the humidifier to the unit. This changed nothing. I am having trouble finding the paperwork on the unit. So I will just have to call the therapist who set me up with the C-PAP in my home.

I hope everyone has a great night's sleep. :0)

khale7574
Post Reply Post Reply
Khale7574, yes it only makes sense that you already tried all the things we suggested. The only thing left is a malfunction. Let us know how it turns out, please.
Mary
Post Reply Post Reply
Khale: I can only say at this point: "Oh Snap!"

Maybe the heating element burned out.

Sad

"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
I also have a System One Humidifier and about a year into my cpap therapy the darn thing just didn't heat the water anymore. I tried all the things above and nothing helped. I went to my DME and the technician there told me that although the actual cpap machine has a 2 year warranty, the humidifier only has a one year warranty and I was a week out of warranty. He gave me a used humidifier for free and told me he didn't know how long it would last. He also said when it conked out, I would need to purchase a new one. Since I don't sleep well without the humidifier, I ordered a gently used one from Supplier #2 for $50. It has been working fine.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-17-2013, 06:27 PM)iSnooze Wrote: I went to my DME and the technician there told me that although the actual cpap machine has a 2 year warranty, the humidifier only has a one year warranty and I was a week out of warranty.

This may be true, but it sure sets off my bogosity alarm. Unsure
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree JJJ. My weasle sense is tingling....

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad Blinking Red light on my Airsense 10 machine please ? What does it mean cajones 9 11,501 03-15-2024, 02:34 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Airsense 10 - Bright light from on/off switch Dagmar 6 11,073 03-03-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: E.W.
  AirSense 10 heating & humidifier issue Wingnut Warrior 2 353 02-08-2024, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Wingnut Warrior
  Airsense 10 humidifer reservoir runs dry after 4 hours jwtm 18 1,198 12-24-2023, 06:44 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Airsense 11. Heating system error Jskier 3 6,164 12-12-2023, 11:30 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [CPAP] Air Sense 10 SD card LED flashing red BNelson 2 590 10-12-2023, 06:47 PM
Last Post: BNelson
  Is this Dreamstation 2 humidifer dead? Lucky7 2 411 09-11-2023, 01:05 PM
Last Post: Lucky7

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.