Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My humidifier gets empty
My humidifier gets empty
When I wake up, the humidifier tank is down to dregs. Good thing two hours that I slept last night weren’t hooked up to CPAP (I fell asleep reading a book), or it would have gone dry.

Should I fill it in the middle of the night? This seems like a nutty idea

It’s currently set to auto. If I select manual and turn it down a notch, what number would that be (I have no way to know what number auto represents, since I don’t know how this thing works)?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: My humidifier gets empty
This is a link to ReMed that should help. https://www.resmed.com/us/en/consumer/su...-faqs.html
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
How do you feel with the level of humidity (settings)?
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-06-2017, 02:05 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: This is a link to ReMed that should help. https://www.resmed.com/us/en/consumer/su...-faqs.html

Thanks. Got my answers. It must be from mouthbreathing, and set at 3 and go from there.
Post Reply Post Reply
You and I have the same machine, and I use the manual comfort settings. I currently have my humidification level set to 3. It ranges from none to 8 (8 whats, I don't know) Smile

When I met with the respiratory therapist the day I picked up the machine, she and I set the comfort levels to manual so that I could adjust them for myself. I don't remember if that is something you have to enter the Clinician Mode to change or not. I sometimes change my humidification setting during the night depending on how things are going.
Post Reply Post Reply
Auto and manual mode selections should be available on the user setting screen, assuming they're the same on a similar set-up as my ResMed ASV.

Home> my options> choose 2nd down changes between auto and manual humidity control, 3rd down is heated tube if available, 4th down is humidity level
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have now set the humidity to 2. I woke up with half a water tank. Yippee! Problem solved.

Now, if the adjustment remedies my wheezing problem....
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 768 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 446 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
  AirSense 10 heating & humidifier issue Wingnut Warrior 2 353 02-08-2024, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Wingnut Warrior
  Extra Humidifier Water in Arid Climates DFWdude 19 2,161 12-13-2023, 08:23 AM
Last Post: car54
  AirMini with Dreamstation Go humidifier chwang733 0 320 12-12-2023, 03:53 PM
Last Post: chwang733
  Humidifier wattage - Anyone know Pse? Kingsway 10 787 11-22-2023, 03:31 PM
Last Post: Kingsway
  Document request: ResMed humidifier settings rpierce 2 515 10-21-2023, 01:28 PM
Last Post: rpierce

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.