Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My humidifier gets empty
When I wake up, the humidifier tank is down to dregs. Good thing two hours that I slept last night weren’t hooked up to CPAP (I fell asleep reading a book), or it would have gone dry.

Should I fill it in the middle of the night? This seems like a nutty idea

It’s currently set to auto. If I select manual and turn it down a notch, what number would that be (I have no way to know what number auto represents, since I don’t know how this thing works)?
Post Reply Post Reply
This is a link to ReMed that should help. https://www.resmed.com/us/en/consumer/su...-faqs.html
Post Reply Post Reply
How do you feel with the level of humidity (settings)?
Post Reply Post Reply

(10-06-2017, 02:05 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: This is a link to ReMed that should help. https://www.resmed.com/us/en/consumer/su...-faqs.html

Thanks. Got my answers. It must be from mouthbreathing, and set at 3 and go from there.
Post Reply Post Reply
You and I have the same machine, and I use the manual comfort settings. I currently have my humidification level set to 3. It ranges from none to 8 (8 whats, I don't know) Smile

When I met with the respiratory therapist the day I picked up the machine, she and I set the comfort levels to manual so that I could adjust them for myself. I don't remember if that is something you have to enter the Clinician Mode to change or not. I sometimes change my humidification setting during the night depending on how things are going.
Post Reply Post Reply
Auto and manual mode selections should be available on the user setting screen, assuming they're the same on a similar set-up as my ResMed ASV.

Home> my options> choose 2nd down changes between auto and manual humidity control, 3rd down is heated tube if available, 4th down is humidity level
Sarcasm is a hobby of mine. I am not sarcastic on serious issues, implied or otherwise.
Post Reply Post Reply

I have now set the humidity to 2. I woke up with half a water tank. Yippee! Problem solved.

Now, if the adjustment remedies my wheezing problem....
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Humidifier Bruce456 7 192 10-09-2017, 07:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  ResMed AS10 Side cover / humidifier delete and SoClean nydiver 2 194 10-02-2017, 10:53 PM
Last Post: JesseLee
  How do you open the humidifier? Problem solved. HalfAsleep 4 204 09-29-2017, 12:10 PM
Last Post: Timur
  Help me understand how humidifier levels are managed by the xPAP DanPrado 18 813 09-19-2017, 10:33 PM
Last Post: Wolfram
  [Equipment] Respironics Remstar auto A- flex humidifier stopped working Reddog 4 160 09-19-2017, 09:29 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Humidifier Tub Looks Scorched CTcentrals 4 283 09-17-2017, 12:40 PM
Last Post: CTcentrals
  PR System One Humidifier Problem gludden 7 195 09-16-2017, 03:17 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred