Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My latesr study into O2 ratios and CPAP
RE: My latesr study into O2 ratios and CPAP
So why am I here seeking help??

The frustrating thing is my current problems fall in-between great health and minor poor health. A place where there are no tests that show anything wrong. I am learning that there are some very interesting frustrating area where there is no concern and no treatment.

I have seen how emergency room and hospital response is for anything that MIGHT kill within a couple of days. My near heart attack was treated fast...well within time to save me...

My Wife’s ovation mass was sent home to seek medical help by other channels.

Sleep problems like apnea is treated with the lowest cost systems by insurances, quality sleep as in the very important sleep cycles is not even considered.

Blood Oxygen ratios are ONLY a concern at dangerous levels, under 85% of over 100%. There is no concern in-between these ranges and thus what seems so simple a monitor system that like a digital thermostat that control my A/C by three degrees, (set it for 78 degrees and it turns on at 77 and off at 79) a system like that could control you blood O2, again say by three points, say no lower than 95/94% turn on O2 and at 98% turn off the oxygen. Simple.

Such a device would be so much better that the current manual system used, and worst by people whom may not be as able to manage it.

I have learned that like self-defense YOU need to learn as much as can, and often need to take charge, and to figure things out yourself.

Doctors like Ben Casey or Dr. House are so very rare to be only in TV shows…I have found none in all my searches, an old saying, to a hammer everything is a nail. See any Dr. and he will try to treat you within his/her specially, he or she will only send you to another Dr. after they have failed to help. and a couple nearly killed me, I had to rush to the emergency room with bad reactions to some meds I was given.

In the past some six years that is what has happened.

Gross problems like heart attacks, and other like problems can be found and treated…not every time, it took the hospital three days to pin my heart problem down, I had angina, high blood pressure 220 over 110, BUT a EFG showed nothing, enzyme tests show nothing, a ultrasound test showed nothing, a nuclear stress test showed something(?)..so at last they did an angiogram which is a diagnostic procedure that provides detailed x-ray pictures of your heart and its blood vessels. The angiogram showed three blockages --So at last they found what was about to kill me.

There was nothing I could do in this case but hang on until they found the problem…

So small problems that can cause small but hard to live with problems are not within current medical treatment view. In such cases we need to find our own ways.

Rich
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 215 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 72 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 528 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 189 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 117 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 143 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Split night sleep study Bwanajohn51 0 62 03-20-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.