Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My mask is vibrating when I breath out
My mask is vibrating when I breath out
Hi all,

This just started happening recently. I put the mask on and turn on my S9. As soon as I lay back and try to relax, the full face mask starts to vibrate when I breath. It only vibrates on the top part (nose bridge) of the mask and not sure why. It's irritating to try to sleep with it vibrating on your face. Just wanted to see if anyone who's had the same experience and what you did to fix it.

I have a Quattro FX full face mask.

Thanks so much, Alex
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: My mask is vibrating when I breath out
Try tightening the top straps. IMO: The Mirage Quattro is a better FFM because of the adjustable forehead brace.
(I believe the mask cushions are the same.)
Adjusting the forehead brace permits a good seal without undue pressure on the bridge of the nose.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-28-2015, 12:16 PM)justMongo Wrote: Try tightening the top straps. IMO: The Mirage Quattro is a better FFM because of the adjustable forehead brace.
(I believe the mask cushions are the same.)
Adjusting the forehead brace permits a good seal without undue pressure on the bridge of the nose.

Thanks so much justMongo! If you know of any places where I can get it at a lower cost, please let me know. I'm not going through with my insurance anymore and looking for a reliable mask at a reasonable cost.
Post Reply Post Reply
Check the supplier list, top of page.
A complete mask requires an Rx in the US.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-28-2015, 09:57 AM)ajimen05 Wrote: I put the mask on and turn on my S9. As soon as I lay back and try to relax, the full face mask starts to vibrate when I breath.

Hi Alex, it could be the anti-suffocation valve in your mask shell. This thing will flutter (vibrate) if the PAP air is not up to titration pressure. It means your breathing air volume is greater that the cpap air volume. It's possible you have the ramp feature enabled too. Stick with it
[Image: signature.png]Keep on breathin'
Post Reply Post Reply
Make sure sure you're following the instruction in the video. Quattro FX silt lower on the nose than other mask (Resmed call it 'swing and seal method'), the cushion and the straps are the right size

Fitting Quattro FX tips at home
http://www.resmed.com/us/en/consumer/pro...ro-fx.html

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-28-2015, 03:38 PM)justMongo Wrote: Check the supplier list, top of page.
A complete mask requires an Rx in the US.
I recently bought a complete Quattro from Amazon, but it now shows "unavailable."

Post Reply Post Reply
Mask flutter can be due to pressure ramping up, or from exhale relief. Is it just a simple flutter every once in a while or full on vibration?

You can buy full masks or make one with parts bought new from eBay and Amazon.

If you want to change your mask (and you are running a pressure of 12cm), I would encourage you to consider latest generation masks (Resmed F10, F&P Simplus). The mirage Quattro and fx are old designs that need to be worn tight to avoid leaks. The new gen have hovercraft like inflatable seals made of silicone and can be worn much more loose than the old gen's gel based seals.

My 2 cents.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the same issue with an F&P Simplus Mask.
Sad
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rapid Breathing-Fractured Sleep-Out of Breath Fixit50 76 4,009 01-31-2024, 01:37 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Is this normal - no breath for over a minute? Pizzafoundry 12 848 10-16-2023, 02:29 PM
Last Post: Pizzafoundry
  Do nasal cpap help to not breath through mouth? hejohoo 10 1,424 09-19-2023, 11:17 AM
Last Post: hejohoo
  Shortness of Breath - Low Oxygen level Sandyelle 3 613 07-17-2023, 07:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Sad Causes of Expiatory Mouth Breath? Norman2195 8 858 05-31-2023, 03:10 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [Treatment] Struggle to breath in with CPAP davroman 4 540 05-29-2023, 06:39 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Need Help. Why is my breath not sinusoidal? What does this shape mean? Norman2195 8 864 05-16-2023, 07:36 PM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.