Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

"Low Pressure Support" Alert...help :) Complex Apnea
"Low Pressure Support" Alert...help :) Complex Apnea
I have complex apnea and I have been having trouble recently with my Philips Respironics Advanced BiPap Auto SV. It is kind of erratic. About 1 week out of the month I wake up with a red consistent alert on my machine with the message of "Low Pressure Support" ... It usually causes me to wake up a few times a night, and makes me feel as though I am not getting enough air at times, causing the light sleep. However, I dont have any recorded leaks, and only average between 1 and 2% a month. My normal pressure settings are 8/13, and this morning I woke up feeling less air pressure within the mask, but the machine was reporting pressures of 15.8/20.6 at the time of the alarm. I have checked the following:

1) checked mask for unusual obstructions - none
2) checked tube for air leaks between the mask and machine - none
3) checked tube for excessive condensation - none
4) checked around the machine unit itself for leaks before getting to the tube - none
5) checked air filter, and event cleaned it to make sure there was no blockages there - done
6) took both seals out of the humidifier, inspected, wiped off and checked for cracks, both were fine. placed them back in properly
7) checked the humidifier door - was fine

Anyone else know what might be causing the "Low Pressure Support" alarms? I am kind of at a loss. My data is seems great and even my doc is not sure. I am averaging 7-8 hours a night, although lately it is not good sleep, but some sleep nonetheless, an AHI of 1.2 to 1.8, 1 to 2% leaks on bad weeks. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: "Low Pressure Support" Alert...help :) Complex Apnea
iT SEEMS AS THOUGH (sorry) you have done a thorough job of checking the machine out. I think it's time to see the DME for repair.
Good Luck.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Granman, You might take your machine to the DME so they can take a look at it. I hope you can get this straightened out.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
How are you coming to the conclusion that you don't have leaks? Are you using Encore?

I would think that leaks around the mask might be the problem, but I'm not that familiar with that machine.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
As I am just starting on one of these myself I will be watching...

Rich
Post Reply Post Reply
Well it looks like there is no support on this problem.

Sorry.

Rich
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 613 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Resmed Tech Support Jeremy H 11 1,338 03-20-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 518 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  Complex Sleep Apnea? Suggestions? Unkikonki 55 2,927 03-08-2024, 08:35 PM
Last Post: stevew168
Question [Equipment] Apnea index, blood pressure, pulse and SpO2 stier52r043 0 229 02-25-2024, 11:49 AM
Last Post: stier52r043
  High Pressure Support / EPR r4robin 3 411 02-16-2024, 08:01 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [split] Central and Complex apneas with CPAP JohnCondor 3 277 02-16-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.