Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My new CMS50F oximeter
My new CMS50F oximeter
It has arrived from China. Very fast delivery, much faster than I expected.

Of course, like with every new toy, I had to try it out immediately. So, I took a 2-hour nap with no CPAP machine attached. I just wanted to see what my SpO2 numbers would look like without therapy.

After struggling a bit, figuring out how to import into SleepyHead, I got my report:

SpO2 Min - 86
SpO2 Med - 92
SpO2 95% - 94
SpO2 Desaturation - 7.85%
SpO2 Baseline Used - 93%

I guess this is not too bad, even though I had a few dips below 90%, but they did not last for very long. It will be interesting to see if these numbers will be improved with my CPAP machine on.

Now I just need a few electrodes, and it'll be like in a sleep clinic. Too-funny
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: My new CMS50F oximeter
ppca, wondering how your results turned out using your new toy while on CPAP. Mine showed a marked improvement when I first checked.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was a bit surprised to see that there was no significant improvement. At least, I don't see it in these numbers.

Since SleepyHead merged results from my afternoon nap and the overnight sleep, here are some numbers taken from SpO2 Review software:

Basal SpO2: 91.8% (no CPAP) - 92.4% (CPAP)
Avg. low SpO2: 89.5% (no CPAP) - 90% (CPAP)
SpO2 below 95%: 97.1% (no CPAP) - 94.4% (CPAP)
SpO2 below 90%: 2.2% (no CPAP) - 1% (CPAP)

I may be comparing apples and oranges here (a short afternoon nap versus an overnight sleep), but these numbers are not that much different. However, even those numbers from the no-CPAP study looked pretty decent to me, so I don't see too much room for improvement.

One thing is very interesting though. My SpO2 below 90% shows 2.2% (no CPAP) and 1% (CPAP), while my overnight sleep study, as I mentioned in another thread, reported 96.7% below 90%. Something just doesn't sound right here.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your oxygen saturation is clearly GOOD when you are up and about. Typically takes about 2 hours before it starts dipping because unlike a nap, there is no recovery period where you get up. That's why many of us DO feel better after a nap before we get a cpap. I believe if you took a 3-4 hour nap, you would see a marked difference.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is your model with or without Bluetooth?

Mine is without and I can't get it to work with windows 10.

I have tried different versions of SPO2 Assistant, as well as the latest USB UART bridge with no luck.

Might be because the version of firmware on my CMS50F is v3.5 and I think its up to v3.7 now, so no idea how I can update that, I might have to by a new one.

Cheers,
SN
Post Reply Post Reply
Snoozin,

It is just a basic model, without bluetooth.

When it comes to uploading data, it can be tricky. While I have no problem linking it to SleepyHead (on a Mac), with Windows 10 it is a slightly different story.

I run Windows 10 on my Mac using VMware Fusion. When I connect my oximeter to USB port and open SpO2 Review, it shows no active connections. I then try it again and again, until if finally works. It usually takes 3-4 tries, but eventually it connects.

I've also tried running it on my old Windows 7 desktop, and it worked flawlessly.

My firmware version is also 3.5, so that should not be an issue.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-17-2017, 01:26 PM)ppca Wrote: One thing is very interesting though. My SpO2 below 90% shows 2.2% (no CPAP) and 1% (CPAP), while my overnight sleep study, as I mentioned in another thread, reported 96.7% below 90%. Something just doesn't sound right here.

As I mentioned in an earlier thread, I think there is a very good possibility  that an error was made on the overnight sleep study report, and these results seem to bear this out.

Maybe it should have read: 96.7% above 90% ....that seems to make more sense.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-21-2017, 01:10 PM)Timur Wrote:
(02-17-2017, 01:26 PM)ppca Wrote: One thing is very interesting though. My SpO2 below 90% shows 2.2% (no CPAP) and 1% (CPAP), while my overnight sleep study, as I mentioned in another thread, reported 96.7% below 90%. Something just doesn't sound right here.

As I mentioned in an earlier thread, I think there is a very good possibility  that an error was made on the overnight sleep study report, and these results seem to bear this out.

Maybe it should have read: 96.7% above 90% ....that seems to make more sense.

Actually, I have the full report from that study, with all the numbers and charts, and it does show these low (below 90%) SpO2 numbers. It still sounds strange to me. Now that I have my own oximeter, I am checking it myself. On the average, around 95% above 90%, which I assume is not critical (I hope I'm right).

I still have to go to my family doctor and compare my readings to their oximeters, just to make sure that my unit is properly calibrated.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-21-2017, 12:33 PM)ppca Wrote: Snoozin,

It is just a basic model, without bluetooth.

When it comes to uploading data, it can be tricky. While I have no problem linking it to SleepyHead (on a Mac), with Windows 10 it is a slightly different story.

I run Windows 10 on my Mac using VMware Fusion. When I connect my oximeter to USB port and open SpO2 Review, it shows no active connections. I then try it again and again, until if finally works. It usually takes 3-4 tries, but eventually it connects.

I've also tried running it on my old Windows 7 desktop, and it worked flawlessly.

My firmware version is also 3.5, so that should not be an issue.

Hi ppca,

Thanks for responding :-)

So when you try and connect, are you doing that without also pressing 'upload' on the oximeter?

Mind you, I've tried both ways but I'll give it another go based on your success :-)

Cheers & Beers,
SN
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-22-2017, 01:34 AM)Snoozin Wrote: Hi ppca,

Thanks for responding :-)

So when you try and connect, are you doing that without also pressing 'upload' on the oximeter?

Mind you, I've tried both ways but I'll give it another go based on your success :-)

Cheers & Beers,
SN

You connect your oximeter to the PC, open up the software (either SleepyHead or SpO2 Review), follow the prompts and you will reach the point where you are asked to upload data. Only then you select "upload" option on your oximeter. A few seconds later, the upload should be done, and you should be able to review your results.

Also, do not forget to select the exact model (CMS50F) in the software, before the upload.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pulse oximeter recommendations? p123 15 1,208 03-26-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Looking for wrist oximeter to check O2 storywizard 0 88 03-13-2024, 05:29 PM
Last Post: storywizard
Question Oximeter Sensitivity mhjunk525 1 149 03-02-2024, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  are there pulse oximeter synced CPAP/Bipap/sleep study devices? bhavintu79 1 200 03-02-2024, 04:53 AM
Last Post: Gep232
  [Health] Pulse oximeter readings while asleep and awake - what do these readings mean? SleepyButHopeful 11 669 02-26-2024, 03:17 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Is there a pulse oximeter that bluetooths to the Air11? cathyf 2 807 12-19-2023, 01:19 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Anyone Ever Had Insurance Cover Nightly Oximeter cmpman1974 35 2,859 12-12-2023, 04:11 PM
Last Post: cmpman1974

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.