Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My new PC and a great new mask
My new PC and a great new mask
I finally own a PC again. I bought a Wally special ASUS laptop last weekend. It only has a 64 GB SSD, 2 x USB 3.0, a micro SD slot, 1 HDMI, and a combo headphone/mic jack with a 14" display, no fans but some sort of heat management. Running Win 10 of course. CPU is an Intel Celeron 2 core. If I mute the sound, it makes almost no noise. I can run my Church sound room program during services and do sound processing with it if I choose.

High dollar laptops were off the fixed income guy's budget.

Oh and the mask thing:

[Image: iPsRF4b.jpg]

Coffee
Dave

OSCAR
Standard OSCAR Chart Order
Mask Primer
Dealing With A DME
Soft Cervical Collar Wiki
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: My new PC and a great new mask
What's the red strap for? Emergency bailout?
DeepBreathing
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Bed

Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Help
How to install OSCAR
How to organise your OSCAR charts

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's my guess too. I also came across a CPAP hood thing that was sort of like a divers helmet but clear and had the hose connection. Unfortunate I can't find the image again.

This thing is not really a mask I use, but it sure makes any of the full face ones of today look less invasive.
Dave

OSCAR
Mask Primer
Dealing With A DME
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I bought an equivalent laptop here in the uk and upgraded the ssd to 1tb it's a great machine
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
I added my old 32 GB micro SD from my phone. I probably will run out of space soon regardless. I really still can't believe how quiet this ASUS is.
Dave

OSCAR
Mask Primer
Dealing With A DME
Post Reply Post Reply
If you don't want to open up your brand new laptop... Amazon has adapters that connect a generic PCI-E SSD board to a USB 3 connector. The adaptors cost about $15-20, and the SSD costs whatever you wish to spend.
Perfect for RaspberryPi 4 expansion!
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Cool, I'll look into it.
Dave

OSCAR
Mask Primer
Dealing With A DME
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
No new mask, just a new PC.  After losing the hard drive that had all my data files on it (all the programs were stored on a separate hard drive), I decided that it was time to replace my 7 year old desktop.  Did my usual indepth comparisons and used my still valid government employees discount and bought a Dell XPS-8930 desktop for a chunk of change.  If this one lasts 7 years too, I'll be a happy 81-year old guy.  Now I just have to figure out how to open the blankety-blank case to see if there's enough space to hang a third hard drive - no sense to not utilize all the storage I currently have available.

(BTW, even though the hard drive died, the data files were not lost, as I had them backed up on an external drive).
Post Reply Post Reply
You could deep sea dive with that mask.

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply
I did see one mask that was actually an over the head hood where the seal was around the user's neck. INVASIVE!

StarMed CaStar hood

[Image: 44DvkU2.jpg]
Dave

OSCAR
Mask Primer
Dealing With A DME
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why Obama Wasn't So Great Ay Debate Schnauzers 5 1 2,391 10-06-2012, 06:02 PM
Last Post: cbramsey
Cool The "Great" in Britain Dreamcatcher 13 5,879 06-10-2012, 08:27 PM
Last Post: zonk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.